Lunch and Shopping

~Mew's POV~

I watched as my kitten snuggled up to me, a hand over our precious bump, eating his favorite meal, and just absorbed my scent as much as he wanted. He was calmer now, wasn't crying anymore either. He finally explained the situation to me after calming down.

I'm worried for him.

I don't want him stressed or sad. I hate seeing him so down when I'm so used to seeing him happy and bubbly. I want him to smile and tell me how good his day is going or what special craving he was having for the day.

He was quiet though. He was so excited this morning about going to pick out the puppy's crib together today. Now he's just sitting there with his head laying on my shoulder.

"Kitten, what color crib do you want for our puppy?" I asked. Distracting him with things related to our puppy might help.

"Hmm, we don't know if our puppy is a boy or girl yet but we can probably find a neutral color for the puppy. Like grey, yellow, maybe a light pastel green?" He started mumbling and talking to himself before gradually getting louder and more excited until he was bouncing around about the thought of a cute tiny crib.

Mission accomplished.

I internally patted myself on the back before reminding him to fill his tummy. I only have 5 minutes until I have to go back to work.

"Kitten, I have to leave soon but I'll be home in a couple of hours. Be good and go home, take a nap if you can so you have plenty of energy for walking around later."

He instantly turned to me and gave the largest point I've ever seen him make as his eyes watered. His sniffled came next as he snuggled up as much as he could. I wrapped my arms around him and lightly scented him before kissing his lips and pulling back.

"Keep my jacket for now kitten. Go home and take a nap. Love you kitten. I'll be home soon."

He whimpered but nodded his head as he enjoyed my warmth for a few moments and then left to go home after a small 'I love you'.

I sighed and groaned as I entered the nearest elevator and rode it up to my floor. I went right back to work and hoped for the last few hours to fly by so I can go retrieve my kitten from home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Gulf's POV~

I did exactly what my alpha asked of me. I went home and settled down in our nest and crashed out. I was content with our shared scent and the warmth of my nest. Puppy liked it very much too.

I slept for a long time until my body naturally woke up at my alpha's scent getting stronger and the familiar roar of his motorcycle.

I perked up and made my way downstairs and eagerly jumped at him once he took off his helmet.

"Alpha! You're home!"

I felt his chest rumbled from his chuckles. I rubbed myself against it and sighed at his hands rubbing my bump.

"Ready to go shopping for the crib kitten?"

Eager to get going, I nodded and tugged him off the bike and dragged him to the car and gave him the keys before settling in the seat. I just heard the car start and I claimed his hand as mine as we left home and made our way to the closest baby store.

I'm prepared to find other stores just in case we don't find one we like there.

I kept asking about his first day of his new job and it seemed to be pretty okay. No physical fights, no complaints, and no bad incidents.

We pulled up to the store and we got out and walked inside with his hand around my bump and me snuggled up to his side. It was clean inside and the guy upfront welcomed us and did the usual saying of ask if you need any help or assistance.

We made our way around to the crib section and I was in awe at the variety. They were so cute!

The first one I saw was a pretty purple color but it was too dark of a purple for me. The next was a simple white basic crib that I didn't want because my puppy is mine so it deserves something special picked out by mommy and daddy.

"Kitten, what type of crib is this?" I heard my alpha ask from beside me. I looked over to the one he was pointing at.

It was a beautiful circular crib that had adorable sunflowers carved into the soft wood. A soft curtain was attached to cover the crib for the puppy and had such a pretty vine pattern stitched into it. It reminded me of the flower my alpha gave me this morning.

I love it.

"Kitten, are you thinking of the same thing I'm thinking?" I heard his smooth voice in my ear.

I nodded as I wiped away my tears from imagining our puppy one day sleeping in it. This is the crib.

I had Mew go up to the employee and get his help for the crib. He came over and showed us how to unlock a few parts and watched it fall to fit inside the box. Huh, who new that cribs could do that?

Then he showed us how to put it back up for when we got home.

He took the box upfront for us as we told him we wanted to look for a few more things for our puppy.

That's how we got a bag, a changing table, bottles, cleaners for the bottles, some simple outfits, and a pump for myself. My doctor told me I would start producing good nutritious liquid that would help my puppy grow but I wouldn't start lactating until I'm closer to my due date.

With that, we purchased everything and went home. Mew set up the crib the way that employee showed us and I was so happy. Our puppy had a beautiful crib now. I love seeing it next to our nest.

But I can't wait to see our puppy inside it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've forgotten what exactly it is that mothers produce when pregnant but it's not milk. I was too tired to look it up so for now, it's just nutritious liquid 😃😃

Cya in the next chapter lovelies bye-bye 💜💜💜