chapter 21

_Hayal_

Isn't it crazy how life can change in a blink of an eye. What did I do to deserve this?. They said Allah give his difficult battles to his strongest soldiers. I can't help to wonder how I end up being a soldier, a strong one even. The only thing that calm me down is the He test the ones he love the most. I take the pain as a blessing. I wonder who did that to me. Why Did I deserve that?I never hurt anyone in my life. Why did they choose to destroy me completely?

The only thing that kept me going is Ahmad and leyla. I'm not even allow to see them. I'm allow to visit Leyla once in a while. They stick with me. They are my support system and I love them so much. Me and leyla are not close as before anyone. I can't help but to think she is distance. But maybe she is not, is just my overthinking and with everything going on. She always check on me to make sure I'm okay. But our conversation are mostly centered around the incident. I don't want to talk about it anymore.

"We need to talk about something very important". I received a text from Ahmad.

"What is it?" I asked.
" I will tell you everything but I want you to be alone. I need to talk to only you. Leyla should not be close".

"I'm alone in my room. You can call now if you
want"

He didn't reply and he call directly instead. We greet and he went straight to the point.

"Melissa told me something about Leyla" he said.

"About Leyla? What is it?"

"Okay I don't believe it at all but she told me that Leyla might behind what happened to you"

"Are you kidding me?" I laughed out loud because I don't think he realize who he is talking about.

"Ahmad you're talking about Leyla, my best friend. Leyla is the last person to hurt me in this world."

"Hayal I said I don't believe either, But there is something we are not seeing. We're turning our eyes blind. We all know Leyla did that to Melissa. Remember how she put the question papers in your bag? When you confront her she tried to hurt herself. You think all these is normal?" He said

"I know is not normal. Leyla is struggling mentally but she get the right help"

"Well she told me more. She said Leyla stab with a fork. I didn't believe her. She also said Leyla is in love with me and that is why she chose to ruin you".

"Please stop. I don't want to hear this nonsense Ahmad".

"I told you I didn't believe either but"
"Let's change the topic " I interrupt because Everything he is saying is rubbish.

Leyla is my best friend since childhood. She will never hurt me even if everyone will.

**

I sat in the living room where everyone is. I didn't utter a single word since nobody cares.

"Who the hell are you chatting with? Why are you smiling at your phone like that? Hope you're not chatting with those guys" Ali said.

I am so fed up by everything in this house. I couldn't hold myself this time around. I get up

"What guys are you talking about?" I said out loud.

"Lower you voice!" He get up

"What can you do? Slap me? Beat me to death like you did with dad?" I turn around looking at dad then I look back at him.

"You cannot do anything! The worse thing you can do is to kill. Surprise, I'm also so ready do die. I will always prefere being death than living in this house" I started whipping.

"Mind your words!" Dad scream at me.

"What can you do dad? Kill me if you want to. None of you ask about that day. I was humiliated. I don't know anything about what happened. None of you care about me. I wasn't okay for a long time and you don't care. Kill me if you want to! Kill me!"

I couldn't continue speaking. I broke into tears and ran to my room. I cried the whole night.

**

My family became calm and a bit nicer since the day I speak up for myself. I realize that keep quiet give people chance to treat you that way they want. You have to voice out for yourself.

I received a text from an unknown number but I didn't bother to check. They text again.

"I have been trying to reach you but you're not responding. Your friend Leyla is behind everything that happened to you. She payed me and my friends money to do that to you. I know you can't remember what happened that day. I promise you nothing happened. We just took the pictures Leyla as for. We send the pictures directly to her. I'm telling you this because you friend didn't complete her payment. We talk to her but she said she doesn't have the money. She is wasting our time."

I laughed so hard before reading the text over and over. It doesn't make any sense to me. Leyla did that to me? There is no way.

"Did Melissa pay to tell this to me? I don't believe your nonsense. Please don't text again" I text.

" I will send you all the proof right now".

A moment letter he said me all the screenshot of his conversation with Leyla. Not just screenshot but with voice note. I just cannot believe it. Leyla is my best friend. She cannot hot me.

"To hell with you Leyla" i scream and throw the phone away.

I started crying.

The person you will take a bullet for turn out to be the person behind the gun.

***

Betrayals sucks.... I feel bad for hayal

Please vote and comment