Rant 2

I just won my speech final- and my speech was on feminism. So I'm on a feminist high, and I'm gonna rant to this screen- apparently, you wanna read my angry words! Thanks!

So, how can you be a feminist? A feminist is someone who believes in equal rights for men and women- as explained in my previous rant. I think you could sign a petition, or tell someone saying something sexist not to, or go to a rally.

I'm a young feminist- some people aren't feminist's until later in their lives, or they're not feminists at all. But, if there can be sexists my age, why can't there be feminists, too?

Recently, my friend was being sarcastic. We do homework, and drawing was part of it. She was like 'I'm gonna go home, and do some amazing drawings, guys!' Then this one guy was like, in a high pitched voice

'I'm gonna go do some amazing drawings, guys, because I'm a girl.' And I was like

'That's extremely offensive to all girls, please don't say stuff like that.' I can't remember properly what I said, but I was angry.

I went to sit down, and his friend comes up to me, and in a terrible 'posh lady accent', he's like 'What did you just say to my friend?' And I said

'Your friend was sexist, and I told him not to say what he said.' And he's like

'Umm, that's very unacceptable behaviour.'

And I say 'Just, he said something sexist, which I don't like.'

'Shut up' he said, which was funny, cause I'm super tall- he's my chin height. 

'No, I won't shut UP.' I say, and walk away.

He followed me to the bus, shouting after me. I just ignored him. So annoying.

So, my question is: If kids my age can be sexist, why can't kids my age be feminist?

I WAS SO MAD. COMMENT IF YOU HAVE HAD AN EXPERIENCE LIKE THIS!