Chapter Four

Everything was flashing red, a beeping alarm could be heard clearly throughout the entire building as a our fabric friend was sprinting through the halls aimlessly, hoping to find an exit. He hadn't a single clue on how to navigate the place so he only hoped to find his way out. He was skidding across floors, tripping, banging into walls, you name it. Although it took a few minutes, Liam had ended up skidding across the floor again on accident, he was basically on on fours when he noticed a big door just ahead of him. It had to be an exit. As soon as he began to stand up to run for it, he immediately slumped back down feeling drowsy. A sudden wave of tiredness crossed the backpack and he semi laid on the floor, face down as his vision blurred until all he saw was darkness.

«ꜰᴏʀᴛʏ-ꜰɪᴠᴇ ᴍɪɴᴜᴛᴇꜱ ʟᴀᴛᴇʀ»

Liam's P.O.V

The green bag awoke once again in that room, he doesn't exactly recall what happened. He goes to sit up but to only feel pain in his back.

L: 'Ugh...my f***ing back hurts...I placed one of my hands on it to feel it and it just feels as flat as ever...it almost feels...too flat. I feel around my entire back and I froze.

Where. Are. My. F***ing. Straps?

I can't feel them on my back, all I can feel is frayed strings to where they used to connect. Did they...DID THEY CUT THEM OFF!? They knew I could use them like extendable hands and they go and do that!? How did they-......Avani..they told them, didn't they?'

The door made a noise once again, it meant that someone had come it and it was none other than Cemal. Great.

C: "Those didn't last long did they? You have barley been here a day and you've already been out how many times? Three? I am disappointed in you 11620, I never expected you to do that to our dear Avani so that's why I've changed your bracelet out with a more..."advanced" one.'

Liam couldn't help but grip onto the the side of the mattress while the man spoke, he wouldn't have a choice but to listen, would he? He knew that they wouldn't kill him, he wouldn't have his way out.

C: "The one that you now have on is what we give to our more aggressive subjects. It is to only keep you in line. Although while I am disappointed, I am also impressed with you. You've shown that you have intelligence and that you are capable of communication and that is why I've decided to run our first "test" on you while we wait for your blood sample to come back, doesn't that sound fun! I hope that you'll be willing to co-operate."

Liam looked at his injured wrist for a second, then he turned his face as if he was looking at his back until he finally sighed and faced the being infront of him. He knew he'd be stuck here for who knows how long. He didn't care what happened to him at this point because what does he have to lose? Bryce? Nope, he's probably off living his life with Texty. Stopping the show? Without a way back to The Waiting Room, he'd never find Airy and anyways, why should he feel like it's his duty to stop it? He just wanted to forget it now, just like Bryce did. After everything, he gave up so easily. The bag eventually nodded and slid off the mattress and stood beside the man. Cemal smirked.

The pair exit the room into the seemingly endless hallways, it almost feels familiar to Liam. Endless...
It takes a few minutes until they reach a heavily locked metal door. Cemal pulls out an array of keys and begins to unlock it. They both walk in and Cemal locks it back up when they're in the room. The backpack was indicated to sit on a table near the back of the room. He compiled.