Chapter Fifteen

Liam was still sitting on the floor, the only difference now was the girl in his arms was no longer crying but rather fast asleep. It had worn her out. The backpack tried his best to pick her up and bring her over to the bed, he managed to do just that. While he was comforting Evelyn, he had a calm face on but deep down his blood was boiling. That rat f**k of a man had drew blood from her wrist, breaking the deal. Liam couldn't help but blame himself, he let someone get hurt because of him, again. He knew what had to be done. He sat on the side of the bed a let out a frustrated exhale.

L: "Bryce?"

He wanted the plan and within the time it took Liam to blink, the shadowy figure stood before him and judging by the shape of his eyes, he was happy to be called.

B: "You want to know what to do, right?"

L: "Yeah. You said you know what you're doing and I've accepted your help. Tell me what we're going to do."

B: "Gladly but why don't we discuss this in your mind? In case of waking her up and before you start, I'll alert you if someone enters the room."

L: "Alright, just give me a minute or two to just knock out then."

B: "Of course and the apartment again?"

L: "Sure."

Bryce gave a nod before vanishing once again, leaving Liam practically alone on the bed. The backpack opted to laying back against the wall, the same way when Evelyn first came here. He closed his eyes in an attempt to actually sleep and it worked, he opened his eyes to the apartment and Liam was still sitting by the table but this time there were papers scattered across is. The backpack looked up and saw the shadow of a soda bottle, he was rooting around for a pen in some of the kitchen drawers. This sight alone reminded Liam of his little interrogation earlier in the day. Bryce finally found two, clicking one of them few times before walking back over to the table and sitting down across from the backpack. He handed one to Liam.

B: "You ready?"

L: "Yep."

B: "Take one of the papers there and if you think of something that could be of use, write it down. I'll be writing the plan down for you while I tell you it, mkay?"

Liam nodded and took the pen in hand, just in case. It was only now that he realised he looked normal in this place, assuming he looked normal the last time he was here. Bryce began to write.

B: "I know this facility like the back of my hand, I know the times when things happen and where things happen and I know where everything is. You've been put on the left side of the building, away from basically any other subjects, however, your side consists of subjects that have intrigued Cemal. The right is where everything happens, it's where there's a cafeteria, outside spaces and stuff like that. The subjects on that side have times of when to go to these places. The ones on the left, like yourself, don't experience these things as much because Cemal keeps watch at all times, hence the black windows in your room."

Bryce stopped talking to keep up with his writing, he wasn't writing everything word for word but was rather giving somewhat of a short summary.

B: "You attacking Cemal has limited your chances of getting to any of these places, I think he'll keep you in here unless it's for a test or another interrogation. For you to be able to get to any of these places, you'll need to sneak out of your room which is only possible with a key card."

L: "I'm not exactly following. Why are these rooms important?"

B: "In order to get out, we'll..or you'll need to get a key card because they open nearly any door in this place. They're only found in Cemal's office and surprisingly, the f**ker is barely even ever in there but without a card to begin with, you can't get in through the door which is why you'll need a different way."