Chapter Five

It has been a week since Liam was brought to this place, he hasn't left the room or touched any food. He lays on his mattress and stares at the ceiling, sometimes glancing over at the food tray. He doesn't want to be reminded of them. He never mentioned this because he didn't know but the window in the room was tinted black, he couldn't see in but anyone that was in there could see him clearly. He would never know when we was being watched. Eyes were almost always on him.

C: "We'll need to do something about that, I don't care if its gone without food for seven months, it won't survive."

Av: "Making him eat is out of the picture, he won't be co-operative about it."

C: "I'm aware. I'll think of something soon. We can't force it and I don't think we can give it an IV of sorts for the matter. For now, let's leave it. It might decide to eat something."

The two exit the room, this left Liam unaware of their conversation or that fact that they were there at all. He turns his whole body to the side and faces the tray. For the first time in months, the backpack felt hunger. He was like those humans, couldn't live a month without food or a week without water but the Plane did something to his body, he didn't need any basic things like food, water or really anything that someone would need to survive and sure, while he was in Bryce's apartment, he did feel hungry, he didn't want to bother the...grumpy man...

L: "And there I go again, thinking about him. God f***ing dammit, why can't I just forget him!? Why can't I forget anything!? I just....want to forget everything about that damn show and pretend that nothing ever happened!"

Liam still stared at the tray, he sat up fully and stood up from the mattress, sitting himself beside the tray. The more he looked at it, the more he could see them. Tray...Moldy...Bryce. He reached for the water bottle and squeezed it in his hands as he was slowly becoming more emotional over his situation. The fabric around his eyes became damp once again while his breathing became light, angered and shaky as he clenched his teeth together. He eventually closed his eyes and pulled the bottle to his chest. He couldn't forget. He wouldn't forget.

ꃅꍟ. ꉓꍏꈤ'꓄. ꎇꂦꋪꁅꍟ꓄.

He suddenly feels a hand on top of his "head", it went through his handles hole. He snapped out of whatever that was, a trance maybe? And faced what touched him. It's Him.

C: "It's time for your checkup.."

Cemal had said that as he brought something closer to the backpack. It was a stadiometer on wheels. Liam looks at him and then back to the bottle that was now dripping water onto his pouch, he had somehow made a hole in its plastic but how and ever, he put the bottle down and walked towards the device. The first time that we was measured, his handle didn't count towards his height and it was the same here.

C: "3'7...seems like you're height increased by an inch within the course of a week. Maybe you'll be as tall as me at 6'2!"

Cemal liked to make jokes to try and lighten the bag's mood but it never worked, he always had that same deadpan face unless he got upset like earlier, he hasn't smiled since he got here. Why should he? Cemal couldn't do anything about it and just made the assumption that the object was always depressed like that. He eventually took hold of the stadiometer and left. This is when the effects of starvation and dehydration finally kick in. Liam could feel the room around him beginning to spin and it made him dizzy. He hadn't a choice, he stumbled over to the tray and began to pick off of it, eating whatever he managed to grab. He moved one of his arms around aimlessly to try and reach the bottle that he once held before. Upon finding it, he hastily took off the cap and began to drink, water dripping from the holes he made previously. He had a tight grip on the bottle and that caused it crumple while he held it, once empty, Liam placed the bottle back down and attempted to make his way back onto his bed. After managing to get up, he dozed off almost immediately. He didn't know what would await him in this state.

Liam's P.O.V.

L: 'I opened my eyes to find myself looking up at a bright light...the bed isn't under the light in my room though. As I get up I didn't feel the mattress on my hands but rather grass? My eyes finished adjusting to my surroundings, they were no longer blurry and I had the instant realisation to where I was. The Plane.'

L: 'I was no longer in that sh*tty lab. I look around and everyone is staring at me. Is it because of how I look? Ah, I don't care! I'd rather be on the Plane with my friends than in that room. Although I noticed that everyone seemed...annoyed, Bryce especially. Why would-'

B: "Where have you been? Decided to just ditch us like that!?"

L: "W-What!? No, Bryce just let me-"

S: "You wanted to leave us behind, didn't you!?"

L: "Scen-"

Mo: "You have your notes, yet you gave up your only chance at getting out!"

L: "Guys, plea-"

Ma: "We have lives too you know! You didn't have to be so selfish!"

L: "Magazine!? But you were eli-"

B: "I thought that I knew you, Backpack. I was wrong."

L: "Bryce-"

B: "You are nothing but a selfish, self-centered, inconsiderate, stingy, egotistical b*tch. You ruined everything for me."

The backpack's eyes shone in the Plane's light, tears forming again, he was on his knees, facing the soda bottle before him.

L: "P-Please-"

B: "I had a life and you ruined it. You dragged me into this and I can't turn back now. I hate you."

L: "Stop...pl-"

B: "Stop? How hypocritical of you. You didn't stop when you did something that I didn't like, you still climbed that smokestack, so what makes you think I'll stop doing something you don't like."

L: "Why are you acting like this!? I thought that you cared abo-"

B: "Cared!? Me caring about you? Ha, you are a comedian Backpack. Why would I care about you if I don't f***ing like you? I could never like someone such as yourself, let alone love you."

Liam's watery eyes widened at Bryce's last statement. He knew?

L: "Y-You know about that?"

The soda bottle began to laugh, it was like his way to show that he was making fun of the bag.

B: "How could I not? Your dumba** was too obvious about it! I seen all of the signs. Your face always turned a darker shade of green whenever we were close together, you became slightly nervous whenever I was near you, the list goes on."

Liam couldn't respond to Bryce, the only thing he could do was let his tears stream down him face, they had stopped soaking into his fabric as there was too much.

B: "Pathetic."

Laugher could be heard throughout the Plane, everyone was laughing at him. It didn't matter what he did, it never stopped. He couldn't think anything but two simple words. Two words. TWO F***ING WORDS.

Shut up. Shut up. Shut up. Shut up. Shut up. Shut up. Shut up. Shut up. Shut up. Shut up. Shut up. Shut up. Shut up. Shut up. Shut up. Shut up. Shut up. Shut up. Shut up. Shut up.
Shut. Up. Shut. Up. Shut. Up. Shut. Up. Shut. Up. Shut. Up. Shut. Up. Shut. Up. Shut. Up. Shut. Up. Shut. Up. Shut. Up. Shut. Up. Shut. Up. Shut. Up. Shut. Up. Shut. Up. Shut. Up. Shut. Up. Shut. Up.
SHUT UP. SHUT UP. SHUT UP. SHUT UP. SHUT UP. SHUT UP. SHUT UP. SHUT UP. SHUT UP. SHUT UP. SHUT UP. SHUT UP. SHUT UP. SHUT UP. SHUT UP. SHUT UP. SHUT UP. SHUT UP.
SHUT. UP. SHUT. UP. SHUT. UP. SHUT. UP. SHUT. UP. SHUT. UP. SHUT. UP. SHUT. UP. SHUT. UP. SHUT. UP. SHUT. UP. SHUT. UP. SHUT. UP. SHUT. UP. SHUT. UP. SHUT. UP. SHUT. UP.

L: "SHUT UP! JUST SHUT THE F**K UP! SHUT. UP."

Liam's teary eyes shot open, he had woken up in a cold sweat. He was gasping and coughing while his hands were shaking as they held onto his handle. He looked around to find himself still in his room, lights dimmed, on the mattress.

It was only just a dream...right?
Had to be...