Chapter Twelve

B: "Why are we back at the apartment...?"

Ai: "I told Texty to..send us back.."

B: "What!? Why would you do that!? We're trying to find-"

Ai: "I get that you're..trying to find..Bac-..Liam but..we were in The Waiting Room for..a week. You need a..break.."

B: "I need a break? Oh, I'll tell you what I need Airy. I DON'T need a break, I DO need to find Liam."

Ai: "I get that but..you're stressing yourself over all of..this. We can't spend forever..in there flipping through the..radio. We've already been through hundreds of..codes that are..or were..similar to mine, just..take a break..I'm sure we can do this..another way.."

B: "What other way is there? Tell me. We can't access any code on his profile because neither you or Texty can hack into it, so what else is there?"

Bryce could feel a lump begin to form in his throat. He wanted to cry, he wanted to start sobbing, he wanted to bawl his eyes out from how upset he's beginning to feel in this situation but he can't. He wasn't going to start crying infront of his very own tormentor, that would be embarrassing, would it not? So, he held it in, bottled it up if you will. The soda bottle simply walked over to his bed, sat down on the edge and held his "head" on his knees somehow.

Ai: "Are..you-"

B: "I'm fi-Ine."

Ai: "Are you..sure? Your voice just..cra-"

B: "Ye-Es."

Bryce's voice started cracking and it was extremely visible but Airy decided not to push any further as it would only upset or frustrate the bottle more. The lantern opted for trying the laptop again, so he sat down at the table and opened the website, hoping to have some sort of luck this time. Maybe if Texty also worked with Airy then they'd be able to find something. If Airy was able to find out that it was updated then surely he could find something else and so he began typing to the text box, not wanting to disturb the upset Bryce in front of him with his talking.

Ai: [Texty?|]

T: [What's up?|]

Ai: [Do you think you could help me with trying to get something out of Liam's profile? I was thinking that if the both of us try to break in, we might get something out of it, if that makes sense.|]

T: [I get what you mean. I could try, so what do you want me to do?|]

Ai: [I think you might be able to dig deeper into some code considering you're in the laptop and I can work on the main website page, I don't think whatever is corrupting the code on his profile will be able to stop both of us.|]

T: [So we're basically going to just f*ck around?|]

Ai: [Kind of.|]

T: [👍|]

Airy smiles at the laptop, he has hope that he can help in bringing Backpack back. Although he wonders why Bryce is getting so distraught about this, he did see how they interacted on the Plane, they seemed like good old friends, pretty much hanging out most of the time and they were always close to one another but that really only lasted for a week. He didn't know about anything that happened the one or two weeks prior to Bryce finding his location but he didn't think anything too serious had happened, like becoming really great best friends because that normally wouldn't happen in a week but the way that the soda bottle is acting is sort of indicating that they became good friends. Airy's thoughts were soon interrupted by a sound below him. His stomach was growling, he assumed that it was loud because Bryce lifted his "head" up to look at him.