Chapter Nine

B: "Hey? Hello?? Come on, don't start ignoring me! Did I do something? Please talk to me! Please!? Come on dude, just talk to m-"

L: "Why do you do this?"

B: "Do what?"

L: "Torture me like this?"

Bryce didn't say anything, he just stared at Liam, who was lying on the floor. The backpack looked up and towards the bottle, annoyed at not getting an answer until he blinked and he was gone.

L: "I am going..insane...."

An odd beeping sound was heard from one of the sides of the room. It was the door. Liam sighed.

L: "What is it today...?"

C: "Don't worry 11620, it's nothing too serious. I'm going to be toning down your sight a bit! The needle was a bit too strong for you and now you're seeing tiny particles of things and it seems to be driving you insane."

L: "That's not wha-"

C: "We don't have time for dilly-dallying, come now."

The backpack rolled his eyes as he stood up and followed the taller man. At this point, Liam had accepted that this was his fate, his new destiny, he'd never get out of the grip of the man before him, so why fight back? The two reached the locked room and entered. Liam noticed that there was a bigger table in the middle of the room. It wasn't there the last two times. It looked like an...operation table, like the one in the Sample Room. Cemal had pulled the backpack up onto the centre table and kept him down with some type of metal straps. Memories of his first day here came flooding back as Liam stared at his wrist as he saw Cemal walk back with a needle. The f**ker was smiling.

C: "Try to keep your eyes open."

L: "Wh-"

Before Liam could finish whatever he was saying, a needle was plunged into his wrist very harshly, it was his right wrist. The backpack yelled out in excruciating pain, it was worse than last time and he was positive that Cemal had used one of the bigger needles and had done that on purpose. He could have sworn that his hand had definitely come off by now and if Liam had pupils, they definitely would have shrinked in size. His breathing was short and shakey and his fingers twitched from the pain, the last thing Liam would see before blacking out was the damn smirk on that ***holes face...

Liam's P.O.V {{TW BLOOD}}

L: 'I opened my eyes to a familiar place, it usually felt warm but this time it was as cold as metal. I managed to stand up and I realised that I was back to normal, I could feel my straps again!'

Liam!?

L: 'That voice...please not again..'

A soda bottle was standing a few metres away from the bag, he seemed genuinely shocked at the fact of seeing Liam.

B: "Holy sh*t, you're okay!? Thank God...Come on!"

L: "...What?"

B: "The radio? We're gonna use the radio to, you know?"

Bryce made some gestures to indicate Liam to follow him but the backpack was hesitant of any Bryce he sees now, although this one...this one seemed..different. Liam approached him and his hand was grabbed by the bottle as they began walking through the void.