Chapter Fourteen

Cemal's P.O.V

C: 'I'm going to have to drag 11620's a** back to its room, aren't I? It doesn't help that the thing is near enough my own height so it probably has some weight to it.'

Cemal bends down towards the backpack and pulls him up from his arms, lifting the bag up enough to change his grip to the handle. The taller man manages to open the door and begins to drag Liam down to his room. The journey takes longer than usual as Liam's new lengthened limbs have added some weight to what was his previous light body, slowing Cemal down. Cemal turns to look at the backpack while walking, taking in how his appearance changed since he got here. There's stained fabric around his mouth and some smaller stains near his eye that has the stitching.

C: 'I never thought that you would have much of that in you but I've been proven wrong with the amount that you've coughed up and that came from your wrist. I also didn't think you'd have the guts to "try" and kill me and it seems like I was sort of right with that. I'll think of what to do with you later, I've other things to do.'

The journey finally comes to an end as Cemal's now faced with a door labelled "11620". He opens the door and drags the backpack in, catching Evelyn's attention. The girl stood up from the bed and stopped snacking on whatever food was on her tray and approached the two men. She keeps her distance as Cemal drops Liam onto the floor, he didn't do this slowly or bend down either, he just dropped the bag then and there. The scientist looks up towards the girl and smiles.

Liam's P.O.V

L: 'Ugh....what the hell happened? I opened my eyes to a familiar place, it wasn't the Plane, the lab or The Waiting Room but rather-'

?: "Oh, you're finally up. You okay now?"

L: "I-I guess? Why am I here with you though? Shouldn't you only be a hallucination of Bryce?"

B: "Yeah but like I said before, I'm also a guide. As for why you're here, I wanted to talk to you about your decisions, so I thought of bringing you to a place where you might be comfortable being in. That's why it looks like we're in the apartment. Come sit down by the table and we can talk."

L: "Right..."

L: 'I stood up from...Bryce's bed? I know this isn't real but it feels odd that I "woke" up in it...but that doesn't matter. I make my way towards this Shadow Bryce or whatever he wants to be called. Shyce? Bradow? God, those sound horrible. Back to what's important, I sat down across from him and he puts his elbows on the table, placing his hands together and his "chin" rests atop of them. Why does he seem so intimidating?'

L: "So, my decisions. I get that's the main topic here but I have a question. You said that you brang me to somewhere where I'd be comfortable, how exactly are we in the apartment?"

B: "It's quite simple really. We're in you're mind and so I shaped the normally black void that it is to this because you would definitely freak out in there. That and you wouldn't be able to see me."

L: "Mhm.."

Liam's face shows that he's clearly unsure about this whole situation right now and he also seems a little stressed, to say the least. This Bryce on the other hand was calm and his eyes where slightly closed near the top, it's like he's trying to look serious but it doesn't come off like that.

B: "Shall we get back on track?"

L: "Oh, uhm, yeah. What about my decisions?"

B: "I mainly want to talk about your decision on whether or not you'd like my help. I also want to talk about what happened back there but that's for later. I know that I haven't exactly given you a lot of time to think but after that, I'm worried that you'd end up in a worse situation."