Chapter 12: The Moth Effect

Previously on Total Drama, the final 6 climbed a mountain! Moth and Blais had a 'smoking' good lead, but there was an incident with a robot crocodile and Blais's arm...yeah, little bit weird. But he didn't sue, as long as he could trick Topher with my cell phone! And he and Jasmine were eliminated!
Down to the last four, and we're bringing more on the semifinal episode of...TOTAL DRAMA PAHKITEW ISLAND 2!
(Opening Scene)
Samey awoke from bed by Amy splashing water in her face.
Drenched and tired, but used to this cruel treatment, Samey got up, dressed, and left for the woods. She looked up, expecting Jasmine to jump down from the top, but she then realized Jasmine was out.
Moth came out of the girl's side.
"Thinking about your friends?"
"Yeah."
"I'm sure they're rooting for you."
Samey went into the forest, as Moth watched her, going over to the boy's side, where Blais sat on his bed, depressed.
"How ya feeling?"
Blais held up the shoulder of what used to be his left arm. "How do you think I'm feeling? Yesterday, I went from a guy with the chance of winning a million dollars, to an armless...well, in Amy's words, a freak. I don't want to talk right now, just leave me alone, Moth."
Moth hadn't expected this, so she pulled out a photo of Blais and another woman with long brown hair. She was tanned, and she was smiling happily at Blais.
"Cora didn't love a freak."
Blais stared at the photo. "Where'd you get that?"
"Padme gave it to me before we left on this show. You two were so happy together. Just something to think about."
She left, as Chris beckoned the final 4 to the challenge.
"Contestants, today, your challenge will be in 4 parts. Each contestant will create a part of the challenge!"
"I get to create my own challenge?" Moth asked eagerly.
"Within reason, yes, Moth. You have 1 minute to write down the details of the challenge!"
Confessional
Amy: Making a challenge doesn't rely on my strengths alone, which is a LOT...
Samey: It really depends on THEIR weaknesses...
Moth: And they've all got so many weaknesses to pick from. Hm...
Blais: This should be fun...
End Confessional
"Ok, so here's how things work. I have your challenges right here. First person to beat the challenge gets 3 points, 2nd place gets 2 points, 3rd place gets 1 point, and the last person gets nada. At the end of the last challenge, the last TWO get to see what it's like to be in a slingshot-briefly!
The first challenge is-Samey!"
As Samey cheered at that, Blais and Moth exchanged a glance.
"HANG ON! WHY IS SAMEY'S CHALLENGE FIRST?!?" Amy thundered.
"The names were drawn out of a hat, Amy." Chris laughed.
The contestants now stood in a large field, with hurdles set up in four lines.
"Samey's challenge? A 300 meter hurdle race. But since hurdles are a bit boring, I spruced them up with a bit of...surprises!"
"And here we go with the deathtraps!" Blais griped, waving his shoulder around.
"Yeah, yeah, I get it, One-Arm! Anyway, begin!"
Chris fired a starter pistol, and the final four ran, all successfully clearing the first set of hurdles.
"This isn't so hard." Amy laughed, suddenly getting sprayed in the face with hot sauce. She screamed in agony, as from under the ground, explosions were happening around the contestants.
Moth held the lead, but on the second set of hurdles, she fell into a cleverly disguised pit, with butter at the bottom. Blais, however was less fortunate, onto the third set, was a beehive with angry bees.
Samey then took the lead, and her and Blais ran for the fourth and final set, and both had snapping turtles.
"Not evil TURTLES!"
"TURTLE HURDLES! A LITTLE SLOW, BUT PAINFULLY FUNNY!" Chris and Chef howled with laughter.
As Blais and Samey struggled with the turtles, Moth ran for the finish line, but was held back by another spray of hot sauce. Opening her mouth, she gulped it all down.
"Is that the best you can do?" as she happily crossed the finish line.
"Alright, Moth wins! And Blais coming in second, and Samey a close third! And Amy!" Chris paused to laugh at Amy's misfortune. "Dead LAST!
That puts Moth at 3 points, One-Armed Blais at 2, Samey at 1, and Amy with zero!
The next challenge comes from the jaded mind of-Moth! An obstacle course!"
The course consisted of a wall to climb, wooden logs swinging down to crawl under,  and a few trees to jump across.
"Yeah, this looks great..." Amy groaned. "Samey, you BETTER help me in this challenge!"
Samey didn't have time to respond, as the challenge began.
Amy used Samey as a boost, sending Samey onto her knees. Amy couldn't quite reach the top, and she slipped off, and she started yelling at Samey. Quickly thinking, Moth threw three of her daggers to make a sort of staircase, and together, her and Blais clung to the wall, slowly grabbing Moth's daggers along the way. The twins watched, as at the top of the wall, Moth extended her hand for one of them to take. Samey was shoved out of the way as Amy reached for Moths hand, only to be too slow, for Moth was already gone.
Eventually, the twins made it over the wall to face the wooden logs.
Blais dodged through the logs at a pace to match Moth, who slid like a snake through the obstacle.
The twins were going at it slower, not wanting to be struck, but it was a failed effort, as Moth and Blais were nearly at the trees.
"This is not FAIR!" Amy screamed, stamping her foot, not noticing a wooden log knocking her away. Samey's shirt was caught on the log, so she went flying too. Both twins landed at the finish line, Amy first, just as Blais was about to cross.
"And in a shocking turn of events, Amy wins the challenge, Samey taking second, Blais in third, and Moth in last, losing her OWN challenge!" as Moth crossed with a look of anger on her face.
"Ok, final 4, since we're all tied up, I have an announcement to make! The contestant to lose this next challenge will proceed DIRECTLY to the Slingshot of Shame! No marshmallow, no immunity idol, NOTHING! The reason being is that this episodes already half over, and we aren't able to fit in a tiebreaker, should we have a repeat of your placings!
The challenge to decide one of your fates? AMY'S!"
Amy smirked at that. "It's a talent contest, and judging from the competition of the one-armed guy, the weird girl, and my SISTER, I'm a shoo-in! Suckers!"
Chris now sat at a judging table with Chef and an intern.
"So, how's it feel to judge these talented folks? Or not so talented folks, Chef?"
"Let's hope it's better than Sugar's 'Craptry'!"
"Yes, let's hope. Anyway, let's hear it for Samey!"
Samey came on stage and smiled. "This song reminds me a lot about how Topher-"
"Skip the mush and get on with it!"
Song: Here With Me by Marshmello and CHVRCHES
(I don't own the rights to this song)
Can I tell you something just between you and me?
When I hear your voice, I know I'm finally free
Every single word is perfect as it can be
And I need you here with me
When you lift me up, I know that I'll never fall
I can speak to you by saying nothing at all
Every single time, I find it harder to breathe
'Cause I need you here with me
Every day
You're saying the words that I want you to say
There's a pain in my heart and it won't go away
Now I know I'm falling in deep
'Cause I need you here with me
Every day
You're saying the words that I want you to say
There's a pain in my heart and it won't go away
Now I know I'm falling in deep
'Cause I need you here with me
I think I see your face in every place that I go
I try to hide it, but I know that it's gonna show
Every single night, I find it harder to sleep
'Cause I need you here with me
Everyday
You're saying the words that I want you to say
There's a pain in my heart and it won't go away
Now I know I'm falling in deep
'Cause I need you here with me
Every day
You're saying the words that I want you to say
There's a pain in my heart and it won't go away
Now I know I'm falling in deep
'Cause I need you here with me
Can I tell you something just between you and me?
When I hear your voice, I know I'm finally free
Every single word is perfect as it can be
'Cause I need you here with me.
Samey finished, taking a bow. Chris, Chef, and the intern clapped, showing their scores.
The intern gave her a 9, Chef gave her a 9 as well, and Chris gave her a 7.
"A 7?"
"Not the biggest fan of mushy songs. That brings your score to 25 out of 30! Now get off the stage. Next up-Blais!"
"As IF the One-Armed guy can do anything. Loser!"
Blais took out the picture Moth had given him and smiled. Suddenly, the picture was snatched by Amy. She crumpled it up and tossed onto the ground.
Blais gasped, that was the one thing he had, the one thing Moth had given him...
Flashback: Blais
"Grande Latte and Blueberry muffin for Blais." The barista asked.
"That's me, thanks."
Blais took his midmorning snack, and was about to leave, when suddenly, he bumped into a young woman, who accidentally splashed coffee all over him.
"Oh my God, I'm so sorry. Are you ok?" She pushed her long brown hair out of her face.
"Yeah, yeah, I'm ok. Do you need any help cleaning that up?"
"No, I'll manage. Thanks, though."
"Anytime."
(Flashback changes)
"YOU SPILLED COFFEE ALL OVER A CUSTOMER? THAT'S IT! YOU'VE DONE NOTHING, BUT MESS UP ALL WEEK! YOU'RE FIRED!" came the angry voice of a man the next day.
The woman left the coffeeshop, sobbing. She bumped into Blais on the street outside.
"Hey, you're that guy..."
"Yeah, I'm that guy who cost you your job. Listen, I'm really sorry about that. I'll make it up to you."
"No-no, it's ok. You don't have to do anything. I don't know if I introduced myself." She shook Blais's hand. "I'm Cora."
"Blais."
End Flashback: Blais
Moth approached Blais. "You're on, you know."
She shoved him on the stage. Dusting himself off, he stared over at the judges and smiled.
"Hello. Today, I will be preforming a belching serenade!"
"A WHAT NOW?" Chris asked.
"You know, when you do a serenade, but you belch it?" He burped and chuckled.
"DISGUSTING! Proceed!" Chris told him.
Blais performed Frank Sinatra's 'Fly Me To the Moon', finishing by doing the splits, rock and roll style.
Amy started laughing. "That was HORRIBLE!" She laughed to Moth, but then they heard Chris crying.
"That was...BEAUTIFUL!" He choked out, wiping his eyes. "Judges, the scores?"
Chris gave him a 10, and both Chef and the intern gave him a 9.
"Blais's total score is 28! So, even if Amy and Moth get a better score, Blais has GUARANTEED himself a spot in the final 3!"
"TAKE THAT, AMY!"
Confessional
Blais: I'm in the final 3, AND, it's my challenge after this talent show! I don't want to get cocky, but One-Arm might have a shot at the finale! And Cora, if you're watching...miss you!
End Confessional
Speaking of which, next on stage we have...AMY!"
"You may know me as the head cheerleader, but I'm also the future Homecoming Queen! Hit it!"
Amy's song. (EXTREMELY OFF KEY)
(This is my own song, so it's gonna suck)
I am beautiful, and my sisters ugly,
Her names Samey, and I'm queen Amy.
Like the goddess I am, the truth I speak,
I'll take out Miss Sunglasses, and the One-Armed freak.
And lastly, my stupid sister is, uh, doesn't have a shot! Be real,
Amy's gonna win this million dollar deal!
She finished her 'song', as Chris stood up.
"Wow, I know EXACTLY what to say to that..." And he showed a zero. Chef also gave her a zero, but the intern gave her a 0.1 for effort.
"WOAH! Now that is just sad! Amy, you better hope Moth tanks, 'cause otherwise," Chris imitated a slingshot firing. "you're done."
"WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? I'M THE MOST TALENTED ONE HERE!" Amy growled.
Moth sharpened her lucky dagger, about to enter the stage, when she noticed Blais in tears. Moth then noticed he had the fragments of Cora's picture in his hands. He pointed to Amy, whispering something.
Confessional
Moth: That picture...Amy...how could she do that to him? Well, she's about to have her karma...
End Confessional
Moth approached Chris, telling him something. His expression turned from enjoyment to confusion to smirking.
"You sure?"
"Yes, Chris. Yes, I am."
"CONTESTANTS, I HAVE JUST BEEN INFORMED THAT MOTH HAS DECIDED TO QUIT THE CONTEST! WHICH MEANS WE HAVE OUR FINAL 3!!!"
The twins gasped, as Moth smiled at Blais.
"Thank you...for doing this for me." Blais choked out
"No problem. You'll get a new picture."
"And you'll" Blais pulled out a package. "get a new pair of sunglasses!"
Moth gasped as she undid the wrapping to reveal a duplicate of her green sunglasses.
"Where's you get these?"
"Chuck owed me one. Say hi to him, Hank and Padme for me."
"Will do."
Moth prepared for Chris to fire her away, when she turned to Samey.
"I want you to have this." She pulled out her lucky dagger, and handed it to Samey.
"Your lucky dagger?"
"Just in case you need to teach your sister...a lesson." She smiled mischievously.
"It's beautiful. Thank you."
"Anytime, Sammy."
"Did-Did you just call me..,Sammy?"
"That's your name, isn't it?"
Sammy couldn't say thanks quick enough, as Moth was fired away by Chef.
"Well, since Moth quit the show, we've got our final 3, AND we have one more part of the challenge: BLAIS'S! A game of I TRIPLE DOG DARE YOU!!! And I dare YOU to keep watching after the break. On...TOTAL DRAMA PAHKITEW ISLAND 2!"
(Commercial)
The final 3 now sat on the stage in chairs. Behind Chris was a large, colourful wheel with all the Pahkitew ex-contestants on it, plus Moth.
"Blais's challenge is a simple one: A game of I Triple Dog Dare You! We asked our ex-contestants to give us the nastiest dares they could think off. Players will spin the wheel, and whichever ex-contestant you land on is your dare! If you complete a dare, you win a get-out-of-dare freebie, AND, you can also DARE YOUR OPPONENTS! The first competitor to drop out or refuse to do your dare gets an automatic Slingshot of Shame off the island! So, Samey, you're first up!"
A look of determination on her face, Samey spun the wheel, landing on Sugar.
"Lick Chef's back!"
Samey smiled. "I dare Amy."
Amy gulped, and stood behind Chef.
"Watch the back hair, girlie!" The cook laughed.
She gagged, but didn't throw up.
"Woah, that was GROSS. And AWESOME!" Blais laughed. "I'll go next-"
"Ugh, out of the way, freak!" Amy pushed him out of the way.
"Beardo's dare: chew your own toenail slowly."
"Samey! I dare Samey!"
Samey sat in a chair in front of Chef, who had nail clippers. He clipped one of Samey's toenails, dropping it onto a small plate. Samey reluctantly put the toenail in her mouth.
"WOAH WOAH WOAH! The afro kid said to chew it slowly!" Amy reminded Samey.
Samey sighed, and crunched down slowly, then swallowed.
"There. Satisfied?" She asked her sister.
"Very. I'm just picturing Topher watching this, and something tells me he won't want to lock lips with you anytime soon."
Meanwhile, at the Playa, the ex-contestants were watching on a large monitor by the pool. Topher stared deeply at Samey. "Come on, babe. Beat her. Beat her at her own game."
Back on the island, Blais spun the wheel, landing on Leonard.
Leonards dare: peel and eat a banana with your feet!
"I WILL take the dare!" He stood up. "At least it's not with my arms, since, well, yeah..."
"You sure about this, dude? You could dare an opponent. No? Ok, then."
Chef handed Blais a banana, and he  took off his socks to reveal claw-like toenails. He peeled the banana with a little difficulty, and ate the whole thing in two bites.
"Blais wins the first freebie! And a tetanus shot, if you want."
"Already had one before I came on the show. I'm good."
"Very well then. Samey, you're next.
Ooh, Shawn's dare: pet a pufferfish!"
"Um...I'll do it!"
A pufferfish was brought out, and Samey stared at it for a moment, before stroking it gently. She moved back just in time to see the pufferfish expand, and Chef took it away.
"Samey gets a freebie to tie with Blais. Amy, come on up!"
"I'm taking the dare, I don't CARE what it is!"
And she landed on Dave.
"Heres a fun one: Kiss a crab!"
"Ew, gross! But, then again, I need a freebie..."
By the beach, Chef poked around until he found a crab, giving it to Amy. Without hesitation, she kissed it, and the crab pinched her. She screamed, kicking it away.
"Well, ya didn't finish, but I'll count it! You win the freebie." Amy claimed a freebie, as Blais spun the wheel.
"Rodney says: re-chew Dave's gum!"
"Sure, why not?"
"Bro, it's CHEWED gum. DAVE'S CHEWED GUM!"
"I know, but if he's saved it, then he's even weirder than me, and that's saying something!"
The gum was brought out in a jar, and Blais popped it into his mouth.
"Hm...bit of saliva...crunchy...ooh, is this fruit? Yeah not bad..."
"Ok, STOP! You're grossing me out!" Blais spit out the gum into a napkin and claimed his second freebie.
Samey spun the wheel, landing on Sky.
"Drink fruit punch out of the confessional toilet!"
Samey cringed, looked at the freebie, looked over at the confessional, and back at Chris.
"Tough choice, Samey. Do you use the freebie, or do you save it for an even worse dare down the road?"
Samey took a deep breath. "I'm going in!"
In the confessional, Chef dumped some fruit punch down the confessional, gave Samey a straw, and left.
"Wait, you're not gonna stay and watch?"
"The confessional camera will do that, hehe."
Samey stared into the camera, bent over, and sipped. And she, of course, puked.
After that whole ordeal, Amy approached Samey. "At this point, Topher's gonna need to wear a bio suit just to-"
Samey pushed her sister back to her seat.
Much, MUCH later, Chris laughed. "We've gone through all of our contestants like 5 times each, Moth SOMEHOW hasn't been rolled,  Blais has 15 freebies, and NO ONE has dropped out!"
Samey tugged on Blais's arm. "Help me take my sister out, and I'll share my winnings with you!"
"And if someone else wins?"
"I'll, um...go for a coffee?"
Blais smiled. "I can do much better than that. Hey, Chris? Before we begin, I'd like to give up every last one of my freebies!"
"WHAT?" Samey looked at him shocked, Amy smiled deviously.
"Um, ah, well, ok! Are you SURE?"
"Positive. Here, you both get 7. I'll keep one, just in case."
The twins took 7 apiece.
"Now go on. Times wasting, when I could be suffering..."
(A montage played of Blais performing dares: Feeding crocodiles with his mouth, performing 'Thriller' by Michael Jackson, being launched into pig manure, and getting sprayed by a skunk.)
In what seemed like no time, Amy and Samey ran out of freebies. Blais smiled, spinning the wheel, and at long last, landing on Moth.
"Phew! Theres no way the one-armed FREAK can last his best friend!"
At the Playa, every eye was on Moth, when suddenly she got a phone call.
"Hello? CORA? Why are you calling me? Oh, you're watching the show right now? Oh, okay. Hey, listen, get in touch with the others, and, yeah, I'll tell him you said hi."
She ended the call.
"Blais's ex-girlfriend." She explained.
On the island, Chris howled with laughter. "Moth's dare-have your head shaved by Blais!"
Both twins gasped, as Blais gave Chris his freebie.
"So, the question is...which of you do I shave?" He clicked the electric razor threateningly between the two, who now sat in chairs up front side by side.
"So, ladies, are you gonna do the dare?
OR the Slingshot of Shame?
Keep in mind that he CAN shave both of you if need be!" Chris laughed.
Blais put the razor right between both girl's heads, about to shave one of the sides off, when Amy broke out, and kicked the razor...only for it to backfire onto her own head.
"NOOOOOO!" Amy screamed, the razor did it's job, and Amy sat up, with no hair.
"Wha-huh? N-No!"
"Woah, now THAT was an unfortunate accident. Looks like Amy's out!" Chris said
"WHAT are you talking about? HE shaved my HEAD!"
"True, but neither of you TECHNICALLY accepted the dare. SO, since you kicked the razor, you disqualified yourself, and Samey and One-Arm are going to the FINALE!"
"No way!" Both cheered at that.
"WAY! Amy, the Slingshot of Shame awaits you and your bald head!"
"No! I'm not going! Samey, get your butt in that Slingshot in MY place!"
Samey didn't move.
"NOW!"
"You know what, Amy? No!"
"Excuse me?"
"You heard me: NO! I'm not dropping out of this game just so YOU can take my money. For 16 years, it's always been YOU! YOU! YOU! But not today, AMY!"
Chef dragged Amy to the Slingshot as she screamed at Sammy.
"I'm not through with you yet, Samey!" She screamed as Chris, Blais, and Sammy crowded to watch Amy get flung off.
Sammy bent down to where Amy was in the Slingshot.
"My name...is SAMMY!"
And Amy was fired off with those parting words.
Epilogue.
Blais and Sammy sat, nervously looking at each other.
"Oh, I feel like I should mention that Moth had the tiki idol. Just saying."
"I figured. But hey, we made it to the finale."
"That we did, Sammy. Well, goodnight."
And he left, as did Sammy.
"And there we have it, our finalists! Who's gonna be a millionaire tomorrow? No idea, but you'll just have to wait for the finale of...TOTAL DRAMA PAHKITEW ISLAND 2!"