Chapter 10: Hurt & A true best friend

It has been another week of school and it's been hectic. Not  as last week but this week we have a lot of projects and it's tough.

I hardly get time to speak with Jayden because I'm so busy. We see each other at school and greet, but we just don't hang out a lot ever since the friendly date.

We text occasionally but things are not the way it used to be but I just believe that it's because he's either busy or I am.

At present I'm at school and it's recess so I, Lia and Alexa are going to the cafeteria. I'm happy that it's Friday so I have two days to finally rest from this busy week.
Then I was interrupted in my thoughts by Alexa.

"What are you thinking about?"

"Um nothing" I smiled

"She's worried that Jayden has not been talking to her for a whole week since the friendly hangout" Lia said

"Lia" I groaned "you know that's not true"

"It might be" she teased

One thing about Lia is that she really loves teasing me. She really knows how to get on my nerves but knows how to make me feel better.

"Lia, please, I have better things to worry about than that" I argued as I swallowed my food.

"I see" she smirked and I just rolled my eyes

The bell rang and recess was over.

We went to class and it was English class meaning Jayden is seating at the back of me.

I didn't want to follow him and ask him why he's being distant since the friendly date, instead I decided to give him space.

Just as I was meditating a verse in my heart, Jayden came to class and sat at his seat, meaning behind me.

I continued with my meditation ignoring his presence.

Then one of the popular girls called, Paige went over to him.

I was then eavesdropping their conversation.

"Hey Jay" she said with a grin

"Hi" he simply replied

"Remember the conversation we had"

What is she talking about? I didn't know Jayden was interested in talking to girls like these. Anyway, it's not like he can't talk to other girls I guess.

"Yeah. you know what I-" she interrupted him by saying

"Shhh, I know. Let's be friends" she said and I could feel it was more like a command than a question.

"I-I, Paige, I really don't th-" she interrupted him again by saying

"Thank you Jay. Now we're friends. Bye and see you after school."

I couldn't hold it anymore and I turned around to see Paige giving Jayden a kiss on the cheek and doing nothing about it.

Our eyes met and I saw his eyes filled with suprise and I couldn't help but to notice bags under his eyes.

What's wrong with him? Isn't he getting enough sleep? I thought to myself.

I was kind of hurt that he didn't try avoiding Paige instead he is hanging out with her. I feel kind of hurt and I don't know why.

I feel betrayed in some kind of way. But I just push the feeling away.

Turning around, and fixing myself on my seat I have a bunch of questions. I was so deep in thought that I didn't realise that Lia was calling me.