Chapter 5: You remind me of my Mother

JAYDEN MARTINEZ

I left the cafeteria without eating lunch and after I introduced myself to Mikayla my brother kept on smirking at me everytime we met at the hallway. Such a jerk.

It's after school and I'm outside waiting for dad to come over and pick us up. I am standing alone as Lucas is talking with his friends I don't want to look at his face because if I do he will give me his signature smirk and I absolutely hate it. What does he think I'm not ready for a relationship and I'm not the kind of boy he is.

I see Mikayla come over. I start fidgeting with my fingers and start sweating. Oh God why am I being like this.

Don't worry Jay. She is just going to talk to you and that's all don't worry.

Breath in

Out

In

Out

I wanted to breath in again but she started talking

"Hey" she smiled

I'm even sweating more just from seeing her smile

"Uh uh."

What are you doing Jay. Behave like a gentleman don't be a scardy cat.

I'm trying to calm myself down but it isn't working.

"What's wrong. Why are you sweating. Are you sick or something?" She looked concerned while saying that she placed her hand on my arm.

OH

MY

GOODNESS

This girl will kill me one day.

I shivered from the feeling. When she saw that I couldn't say anything she placed her hand away

Why

Why

Why Mikayla. You didn't have to put your hand down but atleast I can focus now.

"Uh I th-think that I-I have a slight flu. Yes a flu I think."

Great. I embarrassed myself.

"You better go to the doctor. Okay?"

I hummed

"Can I-I get your number." I nervously said

"Yeah. Sure."

She took out a piece of paper and pen and wrote.

"Here" she handed me the paper

"Thanks" I replied.

"And don't forget to get pills or go to the doctor. Okay?"

"Yes" was what I could only answer

"God bless you and may he keep you under his special arms"

She is exactly like my mother. She is reminding me of her and I become teary eyed. I can't do this.

An uncontrollable tear car out unexpectedly. I look up to see concern in her eyes trying to understand why I am crying but she never will.

"Hey, did I say something wrong. I'm really sorry if I did."

"No it's-"

No Jayden. You cannot tell her about it. No. Don't.

So remembering that, I didn't complete my sentence and I ran to the bathroom.

She just stayed there all confused. After a time Lucas came running after me.