Chapter 9: A friendly date

MIKAYLA DAVIS

It's after school and Jayden asked for us to hang out, where? I don't know. He just said he will see me after school, outside.

So now, school is over. I said all my goodbyes to all my friends and I'm waiting for Jayden to meet me.
I look over and I see him coming over.

He was now in front of me.

"Hey" I smiled

"Hi" he smiled back

"So why did you call me?" I asked

"Yeah that...I wanted to ask if you are done with your homework, you can text me and I will come fetch you. I want to bring you somewhere"

"Okay, but where is that somewhere?" I questioned

"It's a surprise. Don't worry I won't kidnap you" he chuckled

"Oh no, I was just curious. And I know you can never do that" I chuckled

"So is it a yes"

"Yeah sure" I smiled

Then mom arrived and I had to go.

We said bye to each other and I went to the car.

Entering the car, Arnold smirked at me.

"What do you want?" I questioned

"You and Jayden have grown close, these few months" he stated

And I gave him that glare that says don't say anything more stupid.

He then remained silent

After that mom asked me questions about my day. I also took the time to tell her that Jayden wanted to hang out with me today, she didn't have a problem but the problem here was dad.

We arrived home and dad was at home, I guess he came back from work early.

We went in and I saw him on the couch, on his laptop.

"Afternoon dad" I greeted

He looked up from his laptop and replied

"Oh, Micky. Afternoon to you too"

I smiled

"How was your day?" He asked

"Amazing" I smiled

"Happy to hear that. But I'm curious to know what made it amazing"

"Nothing much, and Jayden is asking me to go hang out together after I'm done with my homework" I nervously said

I was afraid that he might say no. Because I know my father, he is so protective with me and cares about me so much, as his only daughter.

He hummed and started thinking in his thoughts.

"Fine with me" he said with no emotion on his face but I didn't care.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you, dad" I squealed

"But, you will be careful and you will have your phone with you. You will also not ignore our calls even if you just arrive five minutes there. Understood?"

Wow dad is being overprotective. And these rules make no sense.

"Understood" I smiled so hard and hugged him.
________

Right now, I am waiting for Jayden to come pick me up. I did all a light makeup, wore sweats and a hoodie and tied my hair up in a pony-tail.

I'm in my room waiting for a message or call saying that he has arrived, but instead someone barges in and guess who it is.