Chapter 16: My Hidden Pain Revealed

JAYDEN MARTINEZ

I went back home sadly. I wanted to explain why I have been so distant all this time, but I saw a guy at their house, and it seems as if Mikayla and him are close, and that gave me goosebumps.

So I didn't get the chance to explain to her everything.

I entered the house and I didn't find anyone in the sitting room.

"Dad?" I called out
No response

"Lucas?" I called out
No response again

I decided to go upstairs and check if they are there.

I opened mom and dad's room, but surprisingly, she wasn't even there. That's when I felt my head spinning.

"Chill, Jay, don't worry. Nothing happened to mom." I said to myself as tears were threatening to fall down from my eyes.

I go to my room and I find no one.

At this point, I started wondering what this meant.

I rushed back into my car and took my phone, and that's when I saw 20 missed calls from dad and 32 missed calls from Lucas.

My heart stopped.

How careless am I to not have my phone close with me.

I went back inside the house.

I was shaking at this point, and my greatest fear is that it may not be what I'm thinking is happening.

I called dad, but he wasn't picking up the call.

I called Lucas three times, and that's when he finally picked.

"H-hey, you were calling me. What's going on?"

He first sighed. "It's mom"

I could hear pain in his voice and at this point I was afraid of what he could say, the only thing I hope not to hear is that she's dead because my head will go crazy and I would loose my mind.

"W-what happened to mom?" I stuttered

"She's at the hospital"

"I SAID WHAT HAPPENED TO HER NOT WHERE SHE'S AT," I shouted and banged my hand on the dining table. I honestly think that I removed all my anger on him and its self trauma.

"Don't you dare shout at me like that, Jayden. I'm your big brother, and you'll not shout at me anyhow. Understood?" He said in a voice that sounded stern

"Whatever. At this point, I'm stressing, and I want you to just tell me what happened to her. " I started sobbing

"Okay, Jay, He sighed, but please come to Saint Lorraine Hospital. I'll explain and you'll see for yourself."

"Sure" I said with a sob

I started blaming myself. If I was at home and not going after a girl that clearly didn't want me to explain myself, this wouldn't perhaps happen to mom.

I turned around to go but to my greatest surprise it was Mikayla in my house. I guess I left the door open.

She had tears in her eyes, and she looked at me, and one slipped out.

"M-mikayla, what are you doing here?" I ask her as I hold her hands

"I-I-I heard-what happened t-to your mom?" She stuttered and sobbed.

"Uhm, I think it's best you go back home."

"No, Jayden, this is the time for me to understand what's going on in your life. I know that you're going through some situations, and I thought you did say that you wanted to explain to me this is the chance."