Chapter 8: I'm Not Of This World

MIKAYLA DAVIS

It has been two months since I knew Jayden and we have became attached. He sometimes come over at home and I read him a story from the Bible, but he still has not gotten used to the fact that I say the name of Jesus and I wonder why.

He mostly comes to visit me at my house, but never wants me to go to his which is suspicious, but I know he will invite me to his house one day.

It has also been two weeks since Alexa became our friend. She is becoming more confident about her body even though she still thinks negative she has really improved. She is better than the quiet, introverted Alexa I knew in the beginning. I know she will be more confident as time goes, time will tell.

As for Arnold, he is still the annoying jerk as he always is. He still teases me but it's a little better. When Charmaine visited us two days ago without her family to hang out with me, I saw Arnold getting nervous when he saw her at the entrance door already. That was enough for me to understand that he likes her but she was and is to blind to realise that, but she soon will.

And as for the popular girls at school they are so jealous of me
They think that I want to start something with Jayden, while I actually just see him as my special friend. May God just help them.

Today is a school day. So far it has been amazing. All the time I and Jayden met through the hallway he would smile at me and I would smile back but those mean girls were always trying to get his attention and he would just ignore them, I get his stress.

It was just chemistry class and now it's recess.

Going into the cafeteria, we had a sit at our usual spot. We were having a little chit chat together then I see Jayden.

He came up to me and greeted me while I was in the cafeteria eating my lunch with my two friends.

"Hey"

"Oh hi" I answer back with a smile.

"We've been friends for quite a while now, so I always asked myself this question."

"Go on" I order him.

"why don't you wear short clothes I don't mean that you look ugly in long dresses or skirts you actually look beautiful but I'm just curious."

I chuckle a little bit looking down after a while I lift my head up again to look at him.

"Because I'm Not Of This World."
----

JAYDEN MARTINEZ

When she said those words I realised that she is just like my mom.

I stayed in a moment of silence for a few seconds processing what she just said.

She then waved her hand over my eyes.

"Earth to Jayden" she waved

"Uh yeah sorry" I stuttered

"As I was saying, I am different, I'm not like the other girls nowadays. I'm special and I'm not ashamed to say that I'm not of this world. As christian and children of God we should be set apart from the world and its youthful pleasures. It doesn't mean that if we're on the streets with no money it's okay, no, it simply means there must be a difference between children of God and those who don't believe in Jesus Christ."

Everything she said flowed out of her mouth like rivers of living waters. She was speaking with power and confidence and that was what I admired about her. Yes, I've been observing her and she is just an angel the way she spends time with her family and the way her brother sometimes teases her it's amazing to have such a wonderful family like hers unlike mine.

My life is full of sadness and pain. I have these panic attacks that happen whenever I get sad news about my mother's health or how worse her disease is getting. These panic attacks aren't able to be stopped or end by itself, it needs someone to comfort me, to hug me and say comforting words for me to cool down. Otherwise I might get into a coma.

I was so deep I thought that I spaced off again.

"Jayden!" She yelled-whisper "if I call you one more time to bring you out of your thoughts I will scold you" I smiled to how she was acting...cute. yes she was acting cute what am I even saying she's cute herself.

"Sure, I won't" I smiled

I was tired of standing so I took a sit opposite her and her friends and the other students in the cafeteria were now looking at us.

It was so wierd now that everyone was looking at us just because they like me.

"It's wierd how they are looking at us" one of her friends said. It appears that her name is Alexandra.

"Yeah but you know how people always like gossiping" Mikayla said

"They're doing that cause you took their crush" the other one teased Mikayla. It appears that her name is Lia

"Lia." Mikayla groaned

"Facts." Was all Lia said but Mikayla just rolled her eyes.

"Mikayla, can I ask you a question" I asked

"Sure" she answered

"Are you a Christian?" I asked

"What kind of a question is that? Till now you don't know?" She questioned

"It's not that. I just want to hear it directly from your mouth"

"Okay. Yes I am a Christian, a child of God" she confidently said

I just nodded

And there we go, just like my mother.

But why, if God is truly merciful why is he not saving my mother. I loved Jesus and believed in him before but since she got bedridden I stopped I just felt alone...abandoned. I had this strong mother and son relationship with my mother but we couldn't pray, play, hang out together ever since that day.

So I hated life, I abandoned God cause I believe that he abandoned me aswell.

I was thinking so much for a while but then I spoke.

"Mikayla, can we hang out together after school?"

"Yeah sure. I'll ask my parents" she said

Then the bell rang

"See you after school, usual spot" I said walking away

"No flop" she smiled

A/N

Heyyyyy everyone thanks for reading this chapter...hope you enjoyed reading it and guess what's happening today??...

I'm giving you guys a double update!! Yay🎊🎉I'm happy

See you in the next chapter 😄