Chapter 8: Heal

Chuuya's POV:

I groaned, slowly waking myself up. I looked down to see my fingers laced in Dazai's. God damn it.. 

I sighed but didn't let go, I'm not sure why. My previous headache was gone and I was feeling a lot better, honestly. I already knew that my body always healed unusually fast but I didn't expect it to go this fast. I guess it was soon time for me to return to The Port Mafia... 

I had gotten used to being taken care of over the days of my stay here at Dazai's place. A bad sign. It was too comfortable here, too nice, too good. I would have a hard time returning to my normal life again and I knew it.

But like always me and Dazai never last. That's the sad truth. And I wish I could change it. 

.

.

.

.

.

We were eating breakfast at the dining table, breakfast that I had made because I know as well as he does that Dazai can't cook to save his life.

I looked out the window. It was a cold and rainy day. I wasn't quite sure what time it was. Maybe around 8:00 or 9:00 AM? 

"What time is it?" I asked without looking at him

"Mmm.. 8:43."

I mumbled a quick 'okay' while still keeping my eyes plastered to the window. 

"You seem out of it today." He said

I slowly turned my face in his direction and made eye-contact but quickly broke it and looked at a spot beside him.

"..Uh, yeah I guess I am a bit.. Out of it."

He raised his eyebrows in a questioning look at if he was waiting for me to specify my answer.

"I don't know, so don't even bother."

"Oh come on Chuuya, I'm not as stupid as I seem."

"You just want to know everything don't you..?"

"That's right~!"

I sighed.

"I was just thinking... Of The Mafia.." I said and starred out the window again

"....You don't want to go back, do you?"

He's always been good at guessing. Too good.

"No, I do." I lied through my teeth.

"Oh, really? You're sure you don't want to stay by me in a comfortable environment??"

I didn't have have to look at him to know that he was smirking at me.

"Oh, keep your trap shut."

"Now, now Chuuya. Play nice. You are talking to the one who was so kind to take care of you."

I groaned in annoyance, grabbed my plate and went over to clean it.

"I really do hate you.." I mumbled

"Sure you do...~"

His hearing hasn't changed.

"Why are you so..." I couldn't find the right words

"So what? Handsome and nice~?" He followed me over to the kitchen

"Ew.." I grimaced

"Don't try to deny it. We both know it's true!"

"If you're handsome and nice, then I'm the god damn Easter Bunny." I talked back and placed my plate down.

"Oh, Chuuya, you haven't changed at all. You're still the same good, old, hotheaded, Chuuya."

"You know, you haven't changed a bit either Dazai."

"For once, you're actually right."

"I could smash you to pieces right about now.."

"You could... But we both know you wouldn't."

I took a deep breath. Breathe in, breathe out. Okay, calm. This guy might be getting on my nerves but I am not giving him the satisfaction of me getting angry.

"Chuuya always puts up a tough act but in reality he's just nice and soft under those terrible anger-issues~!" He said teasingly.

3rd person POV:

"Shut your mouth." Chuuya said harshly, avoiding Dazai's peering eyes.

"Make me.

Finally making eye-contact the two looked at each other, Chuuya looked up at Dazai when an idea suddenly popped into his mind. If Dazai was teasing and messing around, then why not just play along? A mischievous glint appeared in Chuuya's eyes. Dazai, still waiting for an angry-outburst from the ginger, noticed this. 

"Hah. I can do that and so much more~" Chuuya said matching Dazai's previous tone. Chuuya got dangerously close, placed a hand on Osamu's waist and traced it down to his hips.

Chuuya slid his free hand behind Dazai's neck, curling one of Osamu's locks on his finger. 

Closer.

Closer.

Closer.

Chuuya slightly turned his face to the side and proceeded to move closer to the brunette. Once merely inches away from a very flushed Dazai, Chuuya stopped and whispered to his ear:

"In your dreams, Mackerel."

.

.

______________

SORRY I HAVENT BEEN POSTING, I WAS ON VACATION

SORRY AGAIN, HOPE YOU ENJOYED THO <333