Chapter 17: Confessing

3rd person POV:

"You're pretty."

Chuuya looked with surprise in his eyes, over at Dazai. They shared a few seconds of eye contact. The red-head smiled and looked away.

He chuckled to himself. The chuckle quickly turned into laughs.

"Ah... Dazai. You're getting good at that." His laugh slowly faded and his face turned into a sad smile while he stared out at the sunset. 

"At what?"

.

"Lying." His smile faded as he starred dully into the distance. His glance empty, like the wind had stole his emotions away. 

Dazai looked at him his wonder turning into sorrow. No wonder. I did this to myself. I'm such a jerk.

"I get why you doubt me."

Chuuya looked at at him without turning his head completely. 

"But really.." Dazai took his hand lacing their fingers.

"This time I only speak the truth."

Chuuya turned to him. Their body's now finally facing each other. Chuuya lifted his free hand and covered his eyes with it. 

"You.. you don't understand.." Chuuya freed his hand from Dazai's grasp and pushed him away. 

"Chuuya I-"

"Just quit it! I know you don't mean what you say! I know you don't! It's too good to be true.. just stop. You're fake, this has to be fake. STOP PLAYING WITH MY FEELINGS..!" He lashed out at the brunette, slowly backing away.

Dazai couldn't muster up any words. They were all stuck like a lump in his throat. 

"I can't do this anymore. I can't. You bring me pain, but you also bring me happiness. My mind tells me to leave you behind and start a new chapter. And I've tried, believe me, but I just can't let you go!" His voice cracked, his eyes tearing. 

His breathing was heavy, his heart was sinking. It was drowning. Dying. 

"And I know why. I know why..."

...

"You stole my heart! I fell for you and I'm a fool for it." He cried his heart out. Spilling everything he had been holding. Keeping in. For himself to hold. Dazai could almost hear the shattering of his own heart. 

Dazai moved forward. Chuuya was too busy with wiping his tears away to notice. Osamu pulled him by the arm. Closer. He brought him into a warm embrace. 

Chuuya widened his eyes, his hands hovering over Dazai's back before returning the embrace. He gripped onto his clothes as if he would slip through his fingers like sand. Chuuya could hear the muffled sounds of Dazai's soft sobs in his shoulder. 

It was getting dark. The sun going to sleep behind the tall buildings of Yokohama. The oak tree turning black. Dazai closed his eyes. Just living in the moment. Not having to think about the future's problems.

They slowly loosened their grip on each other. Dazai, leading Chuuya's hand up to his face. He leaned into the soft material of Chuuya's gloves. 

They didn't even have to say anything. They both knew it. 

Chuuya moved his hand down to the collar of Dazai's shirt and pulled him closer. Tilting his head a bit. Their lips touched and it felt like fireworks went off. Dazai smiled into the kiss and pulled Chuuya closer to him, their bodies pressing up against each other. The red-head slipped his tongue in and Dazai went along. Chuuya felt free, relived. Happy. Dazai finally found his peace. With Chuuya. The one he truly loved. 

If this was a dream, never let it be over. 

.

.

Fin~

.

.

.

______________________________________

I HAD SO MUCH FUN WRITING THIS. and if you're reading this then it means you've made it to the end, thank you for staying!! <3 i cant believe that this is the end, it feels so weird but thank you again for being on this rollercoaster of a journey with me 

I'm still a newbie at writing, so if you have any constructive criticism then please do tell me, i'd love to hear it!

you can check out my other content if you want too

as always, i love you, have a fantastic day/night <3