Chapter 14: Protect

Chuuya's POV:

The elevator stirred and closed it's doors blocking my view of Elise's ecstatic face. You know, I really do like Elise. She has always been like a sister to me. When I was babysitting her we would always have a great time. She would do my hair, my make-up, talk about me, talk about her, trash talk people from the Mafia just because.. it was always fun with her around.

.

The elevator abruptly stopped, separating me from my thoughts. The elevator doors opened and revealed a dirty door. It looked super old, rust had gathered around all the edges and you could barely tell that it had once been a metallic gray. There was still small signs of it but it was minimal. I looked around in the small room.

To my left there was a staircase. Probably leads to the outside. That would come in handy if we needed a quick escape. I looked back at the door.

I placed my hand on the handle and carefully turned it. It surprisingly didn't creak or make any sort of sound. I saw some stairs that I suppose would lead down to the lab. They got cleaner the farther down you looked. I walked down the stairs careful as to not make any noise. When I got to the end of the staircase, another door was there. This time a lot cleaner. It was painted in an angelic white, no marks or dents like the other one. Again, I carefully opened the door and here it was. 

The lab I had been searching for. I could hear talking to my right. I quickly booked it for a place under one of the tables. I could now see them both. Mori, standing with a syringe and Dazai, tied to a chair, looking absolutely horrified. 

I looked closely at the syringe, it contained some sort of substance with an alarming neon orange color. I don't like where this is going.. Mori kneeled down beside Dazai and lifted his sleeve up. Mori mumbled something to Dazai that I couldn't make out. Dazai's eyes were swimming in his own tears. I hated seeing him like this. Last time I did was... a while ago.

Flashback

I was on a mission yet again. But not alone, no, of course not. I had to go with this fool of a boy. Damn, he's annoying. I could normally deal with his bullshit but today was unreal. We lost our target thanks to him. I get that he's only 16 but seriously!?

"You dumbass! We lost him!" I yelled, frustrated with him.

"I-"

"Don't even apologize you son of a bitch, I tried with you. I tried to be tolerant with you, I tried your plan: 'Oh, Chuuya! This is so gonna work just let me ruin your life while I'm at it!'. Fuck. You."

"Chuuya listen-"

"No, you listen! I've dealt with your shit for too damn long. I hate you and everything you stand for. I don't even know why you're still here, you take nothing seriously! You're always fooling around, doing absolutely nothing. YOU'RE USELESS!" I spat. 

I looked at him but when I realized what I had said my hands immediately flew up to my mouth. Fuck. I did not just say that. I'm an idiot.