15

I was given specific instructions when I woke up this morning. And even though Rowan was nowhere to be found, he left a message telling me to get completely nude, go downstairs, enter his playroom, lay on the bed, and wait for him to return.

After quickly washing my face and brushing my teeth, I did as I was told. I wasn't sure how long he would take, but I wasn't expecting him to take as long as he did—literal hours went by before he opened the door. And I was slow to register his appearance until I noticed how heavy his footsteps were. I then snapped my gaze to him, looking up just as he made it to the bed. The annoyed expression on his face had me sitting straight up.

"What's wrong? Did I—"

I halted my words when he handed me a shirt and told me to put it on. I quickly took it and pulled it over my head before scooting off the bed. Rowan motioned for me to move towards the door. I did so, looking back at him in confusion. 'Did I do something wrong?' I frowned to myself, thinking about what I could've done to upset him.

I trudged down the long hallway, absentmindedly dragging my feet in the process. I wasn't sure what was going on, but I flinched when Rowan pressed his hand against my lower back to urge me forward. I frowned some more and picked up my feet.

"Go to your room, and I'll be up there later," he told me.

I opened my mouth to ask if I had somehow done something to offend him, but I quickly stopped myself when I spotted something in my peripheral. My eyes then fell upon a man standing next to the kitchen island, leaning over it with a smug look on his face. I immediately noticed the similarities between him and Rowan, and I couldn't help but juggle back and forth between the two. If I didn't know any better, I would think that I was hallucinating. They honestly looked very similar, but at the same time, not really. Anyone could see that they were related.

"Go upstairs," Rowan said, knocking me from my thoughts. I nodded, sensing the tension in the room. I guess I wasn't the source of his annoyance after all.

I scurried upstairs, closing the door behind me and plopping down on the bed. I searched for my phone and impulsively called Camila to vent. But halfway through just listening to her number ring out, I decided against gossiping...simply because I didn't want Rowan to overhear me. When she finally picked up, we talked about other random things such as work, her siblings, the photoshoot yesterday, her party that I couldn't attend last night, and also Vixen's Nightclub. I asked her if she knew of it, but she said no.

We talked for over an hour, and I was miserable by the time we hung up—my stomach about ready to devour itself from the inside out. I tried to distract myself from the constant growling, so I pulled out my duffel bag and started sifting through my new lingerie pieces. I packed them for seemingly no reason at all, only to look at them whenever I got bored.

I sighed loudly before stuffing everything back into my bag and dropping it on the floor. I was ninety-nine percent sure that Rowan wasn't in Dom mode when he told me to go upstairs, so I took a chance and went to the bathroom to pee. I was quick with it, using his wipes to clean myself and then washing my hands thoroughly.

With nothing else to do after that, I decided to take a nap since I was still quite tired from yesterday's events—waking up super early for Camila and then being out super late with Rowan. Not to mention, all this lounging around had me drowsy.

Making up my mind, I rolled over on my stomach and closed my eyes.
.....

"Amira?"

"Hmm?" I groaned, Rowan's voice pulling me from a good slumber.

"I got you some food," he said, massaging my bare ass. I snorted as I could feel the breeze. And since his shirt was now up to my stomach, he had a full view of everything.