35

Part 2 of the event...

Amira decided to unwind after her brief conversation with Vivian. She thought she had misinterpreted Vivian's words, but she hadn't. Storm confirmed what Amira had assumed, and the thought of Rowan fucking someone like Vivian annoyed her to no end. The more she thought about it, the more she realized that she had nothing in common with Vivian. They had no comparable qualities, which made Amira question whether or not she was even Rowan's type.

"Why would he ever sleep with her?" Amira frowned.

"Well, have you seen her?" Storm's friend, Angela, spoke. "She's beautiful, and he's hot, so it was bound to happen."

"No," Storm nudged Angela in the side. "It's because he didn't know any better. They had relations years ago, Amira—when he first got into the industry. But as soon as he realized she was a snake, he cut her off. She was a temporary fling—a means to an end—and now he can only tolerate her whenever she minds her business."

"Right. Plus, who hasn't Vivian slept with," Stacy chuckled. "That girl's a hoe, and she's delusional if she thinks she could ever 'warm his bed' ever again."

Storm knew Amira was feeling somewhat irritated by her encounter with Vivian, so she desperately wanted to assure her that she had nothing to worry about. Rowan couldn't care less about Vivian, and as far as Storm was concerned, he only had eyes for Amira. Plus, with how comfortable they'd grown around each other, Storm knew that Amira would be around for quite some time—either as a submissive or something else.

"Why are people so fascinated by Rowan, anyway?" Amira asked next.

"It's because he's mysterious. He likes to keep his life relatively private, so people just naturally want to know more about him. He does whatever he wants, whenever he wants, and no one ever knows what to expect from him. For instance, when he suddenly quit performing and then ghosted the entire industry. He's unpredictable, and people take pride in trying to figure him out," Storm explained.

Amira nodded as she sipped on her drink. She then said nothing and tried to change the subject.

It didn't take long for her to loosen up, which caused the next two hours to fly by.

Meanwhile, Rowan sat, watching Amira as she talked and laughed with Storm and her friends. He trusted Storm, but he also felt it was his responsibility to keep an eye on Amira. Thus, the reason he followed them outside.

But despite Rowan telling Amira to keep the drinks to a minimum, he observed with great displeasure as one drink turned into two and two turned into too many. He was so focused on Amira that he barely noticed when other Doms started to migrate in his direction.

Rowan was already on edge, so their added presence caused him to sink further into himself. They insisted on reminiscing about old memories and bringing up old shit that he had buried deep. And Rowan eventually grew frustrated by their never-ending banter—how they boasted about his "glory" days. It was frustrating because he didn't need their admiration, not when he felt the current version of himself was far better and a lot more refined than the old him.

"Your little submissive seems to be coming out of her shell," someone spoke. Rowan didn't like that comment, and he certainly didn't appreciate the number of thirsty eyes on Amira. He then said nothing as he rudely got up and left.