32

Three weeks later...

These past three weeks have gone by rather smoothly, especially with how busy Rowan has been keeping me. Lately, we've been attending loads of BDSM events, all hand-picked by Rowan to help me gain more knowledge and experience.

Tonight we are attending a bondage exhibit, which I was very excited about. The only downside was that it was nearly two hours away. And as one would expect, the car ride was obnoxiously long—especially since I had to sit in my dress for an extended time.

But despite the drive, I was more excited about tonight than any other event that Rowan has taken me to. I love art, and he found a way to combine two things I enjoyed. I was beyond ecstatic, so I vocalized my never-ending enthusiasm for the entire ninety-minute car ride.

Once we arrived and Rowan found a parking spot, we made our way into the building. Upon entry, I noticed a woman sitting at a desk, greeting people as they came in. Rowan and I had to wait in line until it was our turn to be seen, but once we finally got to the front, the woman acknowledged us with a smile.

"Hi, welcome in," she spoke. I greeted her back while Rowan handed her our tickets. She then gave us two booklets and a receipt for the evening.

"This is a self-led exhibit. You can go at your own pace while using the booklet as a guide. It explains the different sections, provides detailed descriptions of each piece, and provides some information about the artists involved."

"Thank you," I told her.

"It's my pleasure. And don't forget about the live demonstration—your assigned group starts at eight-thirty. There will be refreshments and a chance to use the restrooms further into the gallery, so please enjoy your time tonight," she spoke in a vibrant tone.

"Okay, great; thank you," I smiled. Rowan ushered me out of the line and away from the people waiting patiently to get in. He then led me around the corner and down the long corridor. We made a sharp left at the very end, and the hall suddenly opened up into this huge room.

The ambiance completely changed as well, immediately thrusting us into the art of BDSM. And from what I could tell at first glance, this exhibit had a similar layout to a traditional art gallery. It also reminded me of a smaller and more intimate version of a museum. It had floating walls dividing different sections of the room, and it even had a noticeable flow to which people were supposed to move throughout the space.

I then opened my booklet, quickly reading a summary of the overall exhibit. This bondage-themed art exhibition accompanied various forms of media: photography, videography, sculptures, film, paintings, drawings, and live demonstrations. And each portion of the exhibit showcased a different type of bondage and its history—portrayed by various media.

"This is so cool," I said, glancing at Rowan. He was already staring at me, so I smiled and looked away. He let me take the lead, so I started with the closest section to us, which was facial bondage.

We then slowly made our way through the exhibit, moving from section to section. Everything was phenomenal, from the arrangement of each piece down to the choice of lighting. The exhibit had LED lights situated above each piece. They were bright enough to illuminate the art, but the room itself was dimly-lit to maintain a certain aesthetic—which I thought made so much sense.

I was in awe the entire time, and what especially caught my attention was the sheer variety of bondage styles and techniques. Hair bondage, chastity bondage, humiliation bondage, mummification, and predicament bondage were among the more fascinating types.

I also spent a considerable time on Kinbaku, also known as Shibari. It's a Japanese style of rope bondage and tying. Kinbaku is a widely known practice appreciated by many, and it's supposedly the ultimate form of visual art.