9. Time to Go

Thorin held me a few moments longer after Gandalf had left, neither of us sure what to say. Finally, I gently extracted myself from his arms and gave him a gentle push towards the door.
"You shouldn't keep them waiting, Thorin..." I said softly.

He stopped at the door and looked back at me, before letting out a small sigh and leaving, shutting the door behind himself. I sat down on my bed, lifting a hand to touch my lips, still having the sensation of his beard against my skin. I could feel a blush spreading over my face as I replayed the moment in my mind. My heart was beating faster too.

"Damn dwarves.." I whispered out loud, before shifting to lay down on my side, awaiting sleep to void my mind of his touch.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Several days later, after some attempt at avoiding Thorin was made, and a lot of time was spent with Elrond - who was a long time friend of mine - I found myself walking with him and another elf, Lindir. They were discussing some issues they'd had with the dwarves since we'd arrived while I walked slightly ahead of them.

"The kitchen's under enormous strain, we are almost out of wine. How long do you think they will be with us?" Lindir was saying in Sindarin.

Elrond looked at me as I glanced back at him for a moment before turning back to the other male.
"That has yet to be decided. I would not turn Materia away so soon, even if her company is putting some strain on our supply."

"Thank you, Elrond, I—..." the words stopped dead on my tongue and my blood ran cold and hot as I noticed twelve of the dwarves.

Naked.

Playing in a fountain.

Six of them piled on top of each other in towers of three as they tried to shove each other over.

Thorin's nephews sliding down a stone bowl.

Bombur jumping in from a large root.

Nori snapping a towel against Bifur's rear end.

Balin wasn't present, but I'd just spotted Thorin to the side of the pools, wiping water away from his face after being splashed by Bombur. Elrond reached forward, placing a hand over my eyes and pulling me back towards him.
Pulling his hand down with mine, I looked up and met his gobsmacked expression.

"We'll leave immediately." I squeaked.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A few hours later, I walked briskly into the room the dwarves had been occupying - and destroying- during our stay, dressed in my travel clothes. They all turned to look at me, surprised at my presence since they hadn't seen much of me after our first night here. I avoided all of their gazes and looked at the far wall, wincing as their naked bodies flashed in my mind.

Thorin stood, taking a few steps towards me. "Are you alright..?" I shook the memory from my mind, which the dwarf king took as a no.
"Wha—?"

"I think we need to leave." I cut him off quickly, pinching the bridge of my nose as I shut my eyes tight. "We've wasted enough time here, have we not?"

I opened my eyes and found Thorin watching me questioningly. "I.. yes. I suppose that's true. We are running on a time limit now." He turned to the others. "Everyone pack up." He ordered as I slipped away, sprinting to anywhere but there before he could look back at me again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I walked a ways ahead of the dwarves and Bilbo as we finally left Rivendell. Behind me, I heard Thorin order Balin to take the lead due to his knowledge of our upcoming trails, as well as telling the hobbit he'd need to keep up.