It's Over

Hope texted Josie after her talk with Freya.

Hope your flight went well, Love. Call me back when you get this. We need to talk. Nothing bad, just important

Hope grew worried when, after many hours, Josie still hadn't responded. However, she tried to keep her chill, reasoning that their flight got delayed or Josie had forgotten to text in all the excitement of seeing her mom.

Hope was relieved to wake up the next morning to see a response from Josie.

J: I've been wanting to talk for a while too.

H: Great! When do you want to call?

Hope frowned at the next text she got.

J: I don't think I can say this over the phone. But, we can't keep seeing each other

H: What? Why?

J: You know why. 

H: I don't. Please tell me what's wrong.

J: You've hurt me too much

H: That's what I wanted to talk to you about. I'm going to get help

J: Our relationship can't be fixed, it's too broken. It's over

Hope frantically hit the call button next to Josie's name only to hear the line ringing before going dead.

After about the 10th try, Hope could feel her anger boiling up inside of her. Her breathing and heart rate increased. Her vision went yellow as her hand tightened around phone, cracking the screen, before throwing it forcefully.

It hit the wall with a loud crash, making a phone-sized hole.

The lights in her room started flickering before the ground rumbled a handful of times.

When Hope finally came down from her anger, she realized what she had done. The floorboards of her room had splintered slightly in some spots and the glass in her window had shattered, not to mention the hole in the wall from her phone.

"Hope, are you alright?" Alaric came barging in moments later.

"How did you know it was me?" Hope asked, still breathing heavily.

"The whole school was shaking, you did the same thing when the twins didn't invite you to their 8th birthday party," he let out a weak smile.

"Yeah, I was just upset."

"Daily runs in the morning aren't enough anymore, huh?"

"Apparently not," Hope shrugged.

"You need to figure out a better way to let out your emotions."

"I know."

"I mean it," he said sternly. "You're the one who hangs out with my daughter the most, and if you hurt her-"

"I know!" Hope yelled, before she realized she was getting worked up again and took a deep breath. "My aunt says she can get me someone to talk to professionally."

 "That seems like a good start," Alaric nodded his head. "Did you hurt yourself?"

Hope looked down at her hand, it had been dripping blood this whole time and she hadn't even noticed. Her mind had been so focused on the situation with Josie.

Pieces of glass from her phone screen were still buried into her palm.

"Let's go get that checked out," Alaric ushered her from her room. "I'll get some witches to take care of the damages."