Fix This

After standing in shock at what just happened for a few minutes, Josie pulled out her phone and texted Penelope to see if she was okay.

J: Hey, Penelope. We're still on to study tonight?

P: Sorry, I don't think I'm going to be able to.

Josie became extremely worried at Penelope's response and frantically called her.

"Did Hope beat you up?" she spoke quickly into the phone.

"What? No, why would she do that?" Penelope was confused.

"For asking me to study with you," Josie explained. "And today, you weren't in class and I just got really worried."

"No, I caught a cold or something over the weekend. I thought it'd be better to not go to class today. Sorry, I should have texted you."

"Alright, no problem," Josie let out a sigh of relief. "I'm just glad nothing bad happened."

"Just a case of the sniffles. I should be back in commission in a few days. And, Josie?"

"Yeah?"

"Maybe it's time to consider there's a problem if Hope is that possessive over you."

"Thanks for the advice, Pen," Josie hung up the phone.

Josie entered her room and let out a loud groan as she plopped down onto her bed.

"I'm so stupid!"

She was relieved to know Penelope was okay, but she was also so angry at herself for accusing Hope the way that she did.

And oh god, the way that Hope looked so heart-broken, it was burned into Josie's memory and only amplified her guilt.

"What is happening?" Lizzie walked in to see her twin screaming into her pillow.

Josie got up from her bed and angrily stomped over to Lizzie.

"I just got into a huge fight with Hope because I accused her of beating up Penelope just like you suggested she did!"

"Hey, I didn't tell you to do that," Lizzie tried to defend herself.

"No, but you've just been meddling in my relationship when you should really just back off! None of this would've happened if you had just left us alone!"

"I was just trying to do what was best for you. What Hope was doing was not okay."

Josie considered this, she wanted so badly to be angry at her sister, but at the same time, she could tell all Lizzie wanted was to protect her.

"I want you to be happy, and if that means being with Hope, then I'll stop trying to split you two up. But I can't let you keep getting hurt by her. If she can prove that she's changed, then I'll gladly be your biggest supporter."

"You want to support me and Hope?"

Lizzie nodded her head.

"Then fix this mess that you made," Josie angrily left, slamming the door behind her.