Always and Forever

In an effort to help out Josie, Lizzie went to Hope's room to try and amend the situation she helped create.

Lizzie went to knock, but the door was already slightly ajar. She pushed it open to find Hope throwing clothes into a suitcase.

"What are you doing?"

"I'm packing," Hope told her.

"I can see that. The question I meant to ask was why?"

"I'm going to stay in New Orleans for a little bit," Hope sighed, her voice full of defeat.

"You're going home?" Lizzie's eyes went wide. "You can't just leave Josie. I thought you loved my sister."

"I do," Hope said. "Which is why I need to go. I obviously have work to do if she still thinks I'm some violent, manipulative person."

"I'm the reason she ever doubted you," Lizzie admitted. "I put it in her head that you hurt Penelope."

"No, it's not your fault," Hope shook her head. "You might have said it, but it's who I used to be that allowed her to believe it."

"Is there anything I can do to get you to stay? This is going to crush Josie."

"This is something I should've done a long time ago," Hope shook her head sadly.

Lizzie sighed, knowing that what Hope was doing was inevitable.

"What's this?" Lizzie noticed a small, black, velvet bag on Hope's desk.

"It's a bracelet for Josie. I was going to give it to her on our date for our six-month anniversary tonight."

"I thought it wasn't until next week?" Lizzie could've sworn Josie had previously mentioned their anniversary was coming up, not today.

"It is, but I knew I had some family stuff to take care of in New Orleans next week, so I wanted to celebrate early."

Lizzie felt incredibly guilty now for bringing up Josie studying with Penelope and ruining Hope's plans. She knew Josie would flunk her test in a heartbeat if she knew the reasoning behind Hope's date.

"Now, I'm just going back a little bit early. It's better this way."

Hope was rolling her suitcase out to her car when she heard footsteps behind her.

"You were just going to leave without saying goodbye?" Josie ran out the front doors of the school. "Lizzie told me you were leaving., and I didn't want to believe it."

Hope brought her eyes to meet Josie's.

"I'm not giving up on us, but I need time to work on myself. I don't want you, or me, or anyone else to worry that I may hurt you or anyone else ever again."

"If this is about what happened with Penelope, I know now that you didn't do anything to her, and I'm so sorry I ever doubted you."

"I appreciate the apology, but it's about more than that, love."

"Then stay. Whatever it is, we can work on it together," Josie pleaded.

"I used to think that you were the key to driving my demons away. But now I know that's something I have to do for myself."

Hope reached into her coat pocket and revealed the black velvet bag from before. She took out the bracelet concealed within and carefully slid it onto Josie's wrist. Then she took Josie's hands into her own and just held them.

"Don't do this, Hope," Josie had tears in her eyes. "I love you."

Their foreheads pressed together in a tender moment. A tear fell from Josie's eyes. Hope carefully wiped it away, gently brushing Josie's cheek with her thumb.

"I love you too. Always and forever."