Chapter One

"Y/n, would you be a dear and hand me that?"

...

"Y/n?"

...

"Y/n!"

"Woah what sorry I wasn't paying attention." You said looking away from the floor you were zoned out on, lifting your head slightly to meet pale-ish green eyes. "You've been zoning out quite a lot.. is everything alright?" Mother Miranda spoke softly with a hint of worry in her voice.

You nodded with a smile "what did you want me to hand you?" you asked while looking around the kitchen. "Don't worry I got it." Mother Miranda said while grabbing a container that contained some sort of white powder. "Wash up and get into reasonable clothes, I'm inviting the four lords over for a meeting, that you'll be staring in." she said glancing at you with a small smirk displayed across her features.

"This isn't reasonable?" You said, sarcasm coating your voice as you spoke, smirking looking down at your black baggy t-shirt and basketball shorts. "You look homeless." Mother Miranda joked, waving you off with her hand.

You shook your head with a giggle, walking out of the kitchen and heading towards your room where you picked out a pair of black ripped jeans and a blank white t-shirt from your dresser, throwing them on and totally forgetting that Mother Miranda had told you to shower.

But who needs showers, they're overrated anyways.

You walked over to the corner of your room where a stand-up mirror sat, slowly turning and checking yourself out in the reflection, you smiled once you were content with your appearance.

With a sigh, you reached into your shirt and pulled out a necklace that has hung around your neck for as long as you could remember, the necklace had a charm that looked like bat wings formed into a heart. You didn't know what it meant or where it came from you just knew it was important. Plus, you felt naked without it.

"You look nice dear." Mother Miranda spoke from behind you, causing you to jump and turn around "You scared me!" you hissed placing a hand over your chest "Oh please, spare the dramatics Y/n!" the bird woman laughed, shaking her head and grabbing your hand softly.

"It's time."

You nodded and followed Mother Miranda as she pulled you to the main part of the church, everyone was already there. How? Who knows. Must of been magic.

You nervously messed with your necklace as you walked with Mother Miranda on the crimson red carpet that lead up to where she usually stands during meetings.

You stood in front of everyone with Mother Miranda, glancing to your right and seeing a woman with a giant black hat... actually she was giant too.

'Damn that's a big bitch'

You thought to yourself, watching the giant woman quickly turn her head towards you, staring daggers into your eyes.

You awkwardly laughed and waved, watching her roll her eyes and look away.

'Damn, ok.'

She glanced back at you, tilting your head to the side curiously, you waved again but this time with a goofy lopsided smirk. She just looked away again.

You looked to your left, seeing what appeared to be some sort of hillbilly with a giant hammer sitting on a bench with a walking booger standing next to him, strange.

"Welcome!" Mother Miranda shouted and threw her hands up "everyone this is Y/n my... well my Y/n." she spoke, placing a hand behind your back and pushing you forward softly. You waved, trying to put on your best confident face, you definitely looked dumb.