Chapter Two

It's been a couple of weeks since you've arrived at Donna's. You still hadn't learned much at all about the doll maker due to her lack of talking and the fact that every time you'd try to ask her about herself she'd shrink or avoid you.

Making your way down the wooden stairs you stop in your tracks, hearing a loud thud from the other room. You looked around seeing no sign of Donna or Angie.

"What was that-" you asked walking to the kitchen, pushing the door open and looking around "Donna?" you questioned while looking around the empty room.

Just as you were about to leave you heard another thud, and then another, and another. You were just about to go investigate but your actions were cut off by the phone ringing, you quickly ran out of the kitchen to get the phone in the living room, picking it up and holding it to your ear.

"Uhm... hello this is house Beneviento?" slapping your palm against your forehead you cursed to yourself while shaking your head.

'Who the fuck says that, it didn't even make sense!'

"Y/n, my girl!"

Your face softened for a moment, then a big smile spread across your cheeks "Mother Miranda!" you shouted, earning a giggle from the woman on the other end of the line.

"How's it going? Are you liking house Beneviento?"

"Yes of course! Donna and Angie are both very sweet... well, Angie's a bit much sometimes but I've pretty much gotten used to her chaotic energy."

"That's great to hear!" Mother Miranda chuckled "You good with staying there or do you want to come back to the church?"

"I would like to stay here." you hummed, hearing Angie run up from behind you, due to her doll feet aggressively smacking against the floor, you knew it was her.

"Who's that?" the doll screeched looking up at you as Donna also approached. You pulled the phone speaker away from your mouth and covered it with the palm of your hand and spoke "Mother Miranda."

Donna sent you a small nod while Angie floated up to you and snatched the phone from your hand "Helloooo!" she sang into the speaker, you rolled your eyes and looked over to Donna who seemed to be being more quiet than usual, it's strange to say because she's always quiet but this time she's quiet quiet.

You looked back at Angie, seeing that she was occupied talking to Mother Miranda, giving you a chance to step aside and talk to Donna one on one. "Are you feeling ok?"

She turned her head away slightly, you frowned. "Can you take your veil off?"

Nothing.

"Please, Donna?"

She huffed bringing her pale hands up to her head to remove her veil, she looked down, fidgeting with the veil in her hand.

"What's wrong?" you asked, watching her slowly lift her head up shyly, her eye meeting yours. "I heard what she said.."

"What?"

"I heard what Mother Miranda said to you Y/n." she spoke as you watched a tear run from her eye. "What do you mean, she was just calling to check up on me?" you lifted both yours hands up, cupping her face gently as you wiped the tear away with the pad of your thumb.

She hesitantly lifted her hands, placing them over yours, holding your hands closer to her cheeks as she looked down "She asked if you wanted to stay..."

You tilted your head to the side in confusion "Yeah? And I said I wanted to stay."

You watched as her hands moved from yours to your wrists, looking at you. You dropped your hands from her cheeks to in front of you. "You aren't going to leave me?"