Chapter Eight

Winter... ugh. You hated winter, you hated being cold, you hated the cold in general. Snow? Sure, it's pretty or whatever, but it's miserable and makes your nose runny.

You stared out your bedroom window with your eyes trained on the snowflakes in the air. You had been watching them for quite some time now, you couldn't sleep for some reason, your brain wouldn't shut up no matter how much you begged it to.

'God, this is boring.'

You let out a long sigh before walking away from your window, the castle was unusually silent, the only sounds you could hear were the sounds of the castle creaking and groaning every now and then and the small snores that escaped Ivy on the other side of your room.

After a moment of awkwardly standing in the middle of the room and listening to Ivy snore you finally walked back to the window, looking outside, wishing you could go out.

Yeah yeah you hated the cold bla bla bla, but you loved late night walks. It gave you a different type of happiness, being all alone in the dark, listening to the sounds of nature as you look time to yourself, it made you happy.

'I know what I can do!' you quietly gasped and turned around on the balls of your feet and quietly walked over to your bed to bend down and pull a book out from underneath of it. "Record player repair guide." you read out loud to yourself with a smirk. You found the book in the library one time while you were cleaning, you told Daniela months ago that you'd try to fix the record player in the library but you you've been too busy with your chores that you forgot about it.

Leaving your room after hours was usually considered dangerous due to Lady Dimitrescu lurking around the hall's to make sure all of her maid's were in their beds or atleast in their rooms. But since it was so late you figured she was fast asleep in her bed along with her daughters in their separate beds.

You held the book close to your chest as you walked out of your room and made your way to the library. Even though everyone in the castle was asleep you still had to be quiet, Red one day told you while you were doing your chores that "The lady and her daughters have super hearing." did you believe her? Nah, not really, but there was still a little part in you telling you to trust her, in other words, you weren't about to take your chances.

Gently, you pushed the library doors open and walked into the room, making sure not to make too much noise while doing so.

There was a big window on the ceiling that allowed the moonlight to shine through to light up the room a bit, it was just enough so that you didn't have to turn on the light to see.

You found yourself sat on the floor infront of the record player with the book sat open in your lap, you read a few pages then started tinkering around with the gears inside of the old machine, unfortunately it was going to be more difficult than you thought it would be to fix.. maybe.

"Okay so..." you moved your head to the side to let some light in on the player, you quickly spotted the problem as soon as the light took over your project you saw that the big gear was rusted up. "Should be an easy fix." you hummed to yourself and pulled the gear out of its home in the sound box. "Hmm.." you stared at it for a moment before starting to scratch off the rust build up with your fingernails, after like five minutes of doing nothing but that you got to the point to where you were satisfied with how the gear looked and carefully put it back in the vintage record player.

"Why are you awake." you felt a big hand grab your shoulder gently, you immediately knew it was your lady and sighed in defeat before slowly standing up and turning around to look up at her. "I couldn't sleep." how did you not hear her footsteps, for such a big woman she was remarkably stealthy.