35

[Annika - A, Shivaay - S, Bhavya - B, Gauri - G]

B: Bhaiyya, earlier this evening bhabhi came to the police station with a woman

Flashback

Annika was headed home from a client's office. On her way, she saw a lady crying and holding a child's arm while a big goon held the rest of the body of that kid. It appeared the goon was trying to take the child. The lady was shouting for help and the little boy was crying.

Annika parked her scooty as close as she could and hit the goon on his head from behind with her slipper.

A: leave the child

The guy got briefly distracted by the sudden hit on his head. His grip on the kid loosened.

He turned around and pushed Annika and she fell on her side. His accomplice came out of the van they had come in and took the boy away from the mother. The mother ran behind but the accomplice pushed her as well.

Goon: Apun ko maaregi! Abhi batata hai tereko {{You'll him me! I'll show you now}}

He kicked Annika in her abdomen very hard and ran towards the van. The two goons succeeded to kidnap the little boy.

Annika managed to get up and helped the distraught mother.

A: Please don't cry, let's go to the nearest police station. They'll find your son

They sat on her scooty and went to a police station. Luckily Bhavya was on rounds there. The two of them told the police everything. Annika had memorized the number plate of the van which was a good start for the police. Their statements were taken and sketches of the goon were drawn based on their descriptions. Then Annika left while the police questioned the lady some more.

End of flashback

B: She told me he kicked her but said she was fine. This is all that we know based on both their statements. Our entire team got working on looking for the kidnappers to get the child back. And I swear she looked fine at the time otherwise I would have prodded

Bhavya tried to reassure Shivaay but it made no difference to him.

S: Bhavya, the doctor said her injuries could have been fatal if he had hit her a little harder. I could have lost her so easily (his voice broke). I need you to find that man, he must be punished

B: We're doing our best bhaiyya. We'll take bhabhi's statement again once she's okay. You can officially lodge a complaint against him then. Take care bhaiyya, I have to go now

Shivaay disconnected the call and massaged his temples. He was having a normal day until a few hours ago and now all of a sudden everything was a mess. They had spoken over call in the afternoon at lunch like they usually did and everything was good.

Shivaay saw a nurse take another unit of blood to the operation theatre.

S(in his mind): If I had talked to her when she came home we might have come here sooner and she wouldn't have coughed out so much blood. Why didn't I say something when she came to the room? She was walking slowly. Why didn't I say something when she didn't talk much at the dining table? How could I be so ignorant? The signs were all there, something was wrong with her.

He looked at his hands, distraught and helpless

S(in his mind): Why did she have to get involved in the first place? She is such a good person that she can't see anyone in trouble. If only she had called out other people for help instead of fighting with that bastard. Please get well Annika, I can't see you like this. I can't see you in pain.