38

[Annika - A, Shivaay - S]

Annika and Shivaay were completely unaware of what had transpired at Oberoi Mansion. The nurse removed Annika's dressings and took her vitals. That headache-inducing medicine had worked.

Annika's movements were still restricted because of the stitches and she was a little weak but apart from that, she was okay. Her breathing and stamina would improve slowly and steadily as her internal bruises healed.

Shivaay took her to the garden of the society for some light exercise. He held her arm to support her weight so she wouldn't strain herself and they walked together at a slow pace. This proximity was wreaking havoc in Shivaay's heart. Now that his worries about her health had subsided, his mind was no longer occupied by her assault since the goon had been arrested, things took a different turn. Every moment he spent with her, overloaded his senses.

The time he touched her hair, the time he lifted her in his arms, those memories took over and his heart fluttered.

He had never felt so strongly about someone before. He has been in relationships, and he has been physical with his girlfriends but this was something different. Holding Annika's arms right now, made his heart feel like mush. He never wanted to let her go.

They didn't stay out very long since it was summer.

****

A: Shivaay, do you want to watch a movie if you're free?

S: Umm sure

They sat down together on the bed and started the movie. One of the characters showed up on screen and Shivaay pointed out how his plan to defeat the hero was absolutely stupid and Annika looked at him with amazement. They had the same opinion. Gauri and Sahil never agreed with her on this one, but Shivaay did. She realized they had more things in common besides their protective side for their family.

The two of them were lounging on the bed. They continued watching and a while later Annika fell asleep on Shivaay's shoulder. He put a pillow beneath her head and placed it so she could sleep properly. Involuntarily he began caressing her hair like he had been doing these last few nights and kissed her hair.

Unlike the previous times, Annika was not sedated and she wasn't in deep sleep yet. She felt him caress her hair and she liked it very much, this pampering, this care, she loved it. And then she felt him kiss her hair and her heart skipped a beat. She felt Shivaay slip out of bed and then she could no longer hear the TV.

She woke up an hour later and assumed the kiss was her dream, shoving any other possibility out of her mind.

She went to the washroom slowly and washed her face. Then she went to the kitchen where Shivaay was making dinner. She took another step closer to see what he was cooking but her foot got caught in the carpeting and she fell on him.

Shivaay dropped the ladle he was using and caught her, his hands holding her waist tightly, her hands gripping his shirt. Their faces were so close as they stared down at each other's eyes. She was drowning in his kanji eyes. Shivaay's hand moved slightly to balance them better and Annika's breath hitched as she felt his hand on the small of her back, her lips parted and Shivaay's eyes moved to her lips.

Their hearts were racing. Annika felt that electricity again when his hands touched her. Shivaay badly wanted to kiss her. He looked into her eyes to see if she wanted the same thing. He searched for an answer in her eyes. He moved one of his hands to her cheek while the other was still on her back

She closed her eyes, her cheek was burning from his touch. Shivaay moved a little closer and

PHEEEEEEEEEE