Bonus 3

[Annika - A, Shivaay - S, Rudra - Ru]

Two weeks later, Annika woke up in pain. She had been slightly uncomfortable for a few hours but she assumed it was just gas because of her prenatal medicines.

She sat up and a jolt of pain ran through her entire body making her scream with pain, so she bit on her hand to stop herself from screaming.

She turned the night lamp on and woke up Shivaay

S: what happened? Are you okay?

A: It's hurting a lot Shivaay, something is wrong.

Another jolt of pain and this time she couldn't help herself and cry in pain

S: Let's go, now! I'll call the doctor on our way

****

Doctor: You've miscarried Mrs. Oberoi, I'm sorry but you've lost the baby.

S: but... but how? How is this possible doctor? Everything was fine a week ago

Doctor: I know Mr. Oberoi, but it happens. Miscarriages are common in the early stages. But don't worry, you can try again in some time.

****

Annika had been quiet the whole time since the doctor gave them the bad news. Both of them were heartbroken by this news. So many dreams, so many plans, all gone now. They hadn't just lost that baby, they lost a future they had started envisioning.

Shivaay helped her to the room and gave her the painkillers prescribed by the doctor and made her sleep.

He went to the pool and broke down.

At dawn, Rudra was headed down for his morning jog when he saw his brother, his superman, sleeping on the floor by the pool.

He bent down and caressed his hair

Ru: bhaiyya

Shivaay opened his eyes, which were red and puffy due to crying

Ru: did something happen?

Shivaay hugged his little brother, fresh tears streaming down his face. Rudra couldn't see his superman so weak

S: we lost the baby

Rudra tightened his grip around Shivaay, holding him together. He didn't know what to say, how to console his brother, how to make him feel better the way Shivaay had always done for him. So he just held onto him as long as Shivaay needed.

When they finally parted, Shivaay wiped his cheeks

S: I'll go check on Annika, the pain killer's effect will wear off soon

Rudra, unable to comprehend how to process this information, decided to reduce his brother's burden and informed the family about this loss.

Annika was in bed, staring at the ceiling when Shivaay came in. They exchanged a glance and Annika knew he had been crying, while Shivaay found her still numb like a few hours ago. He hugged her but she did not respond, her hands stayed lifeless by her side.

S: do you want to get dressed?

A: No

S: you want to stay in bed a little longer?