37

[Annika - A, Shivaay - S, Gauri - G, Rudra - Ru]

A: Shivaay, were you massaging my head or ruining my hair?

S: it wasn't intentional (he smiled timidly). I'll bring a hairbrush

She tried combing but her abdomen hurt when she stretched too much. Shivaay took the brush from her and began combing her hair. He straightened it out neatly and carefully.

S: so how do you want it? Ponytail or a braid?

A: How do you know how to braid? And don't tell me you used to braid Priyanka's hair when you were kids, she's only a year younger than you

S: I know it because of prinku only but I didn't learn it when we were kids. She fractured her arm a couple of years ago. Now if you're done interrogating, tell me what would you like

A: ponytail is fine

Shivaay tied her hair in a lopsided ponytail. He said he knew it but he never claimed he was any good at it

S: is it okay?

A: it's not really good but I appreciate your effort, it will do.

She smiled at him while her heart was doing a somersault, the way he held her hair and combed it like she was a porcelain doll, and the smile on his face when he tied her hair, his smile had started to affect her.

Annika called Pinky and daadi for a little while, continuing with the story about how busy she was. When she got bored she watched TV or checked up on work on her ipad, glad that Shivaay had packed it. Soon her mind drifted and she found herself looking at their pictures, especially the ones clicked at the brunch they attended.

S: Annika

She came out of her dreamland

A: yeah

S: Bhavya is on the line, she wants to talk to you

He handed her his phone. The police had arrested the kidnappers and the boy was back with his family. Bhavya showed her the goons over video call and Annika identified the guy who hit her.

A: Thank god they found the little boy

S: and that scum who hurt you (he said with disgust and anger for that guy)

At night, the nurse came again and performed her duties and after getting the medications Annika slept like a log.

******

Next day

Oberoi Mansion

It was the first day of Sahil's summer vacation and he was having a mango shake with Rudra, Gauri, and Om in the living.

Sahil: At the beginning of every summer vacation Annika didi makes a mango shake for me and only then it feels like vacation. But she isn't here this time

Daadi: Puttar, your didi might not be here but she's still thinking about you.

Pinky: Yes, she reminded all of us over calls yesterday that Sahil should get his mango shake today

All of them were talking and enjoying the delicious mango shake. A staff member, KK, entered with two people following behind, a couple.