Chapter 6

Wei WuXian's first thought was that something went wrong with the flag formation that the boys set up.

His inventions needed to be used extremely carefully, or else disasters could happen. This was also why he went to check if there was anything wrong with the motifs that were drawn.

'So he really did care about those Lan juniors ' the other cultivators thought

As a few pairs of big hands came to drag him outside, Wei WuXian straightened his body and allowed them to do so without difficulty, so that he wouldn't have to walk by himself.

"Even in this situation, you're being lazy?!" Jin Ling exclaimed

Jiang Cheng rolled hi eyes "Of course, Wei Wuxian is being his crazy self again, being lazy when he will be beaten to death by the hands of the one who's dragging him."

The East Hall was bustling with people, almost more crowded than when the villagers of Mo Village gathered here.

Madam Mo was collapsed in her seat, as if she just woke up from a swoon. The streaks of tears could be seen on her cheeks, and tears still lingered in her eyes. But, as Wei WuXian was dragged inside, her sorrowful gaze immediately became hateful.

" Is it just me, or Madam Mo seems to hate him more" A female cultivator asked

" I think you're not the only one " a cultivator beside her answers

A human-shaped object lay on the ground, with its body covered by a white cloth and only the head being revealed.

"Is it a corpse?" Wen Rouhan asked with excitement

Wen Qing rolled her eyes to her uncle " Really, that's what you're excited about? A corpse?"

"What, it's been a long time since I've seen one" Wen Rouhan said pouting to his cruel niece

Lan SiZhui and the other boys wore heavy expressions, bending down to check the situation and talking in soft voices. The conversation leaked into Wei WuXian's ears.

... Less than three minutes have passed since the body was discovered?"

"After subduing the walking corpse, we hurried from the West Courtyard to the East Courtyard, and found the corpse by the hallway."

"Ooh who could it be" A junior asked

The human-shaped thing was, apparently, Mo ZiYuan. Wei WuXian took one glance at it, and couldn't help but to look again.

" It's the arrogant brat from before "

"Serves him right!"

The corpse looked like Mo ZiYuan in some ways, but unlike him in other ways. Although the features were clearly that of his petty cousins, the cheekbones were deeply sunken, eyes bulging, and skin wrinkled.

Before this, Mo ZIYuan was just ugly, now, his corpse was both old and ugly.

All the juniors laugh at this but immediately cut off when Old master Lan glances on them

As Wei WuXian was scrutinizing the
corpse, Madam Mo suddenly rushed
towards him, with a gleaming dagger in her hand.

Cangse Sanren shouted "A-ying!"

Being light on his feet, Lan SiZhui quickly knocked the dagger off.

"Thank you" Cangse Sanren softly said to Lan Sizhui