Chapter 16

Lan WangJi did not look at Wei WuXian. He nodded to indicate respect and spoke in a monotonous voice, "First, liberate; second, suppress; third, eliminate. The initial approach is to utilize the gratitude of his relatives and grant his dying wish, set free what he could not let go of. If it fails, suppress it. If the crimes were extremely wrongful, and its energy of resentment does not dissipate, exterminate it completely. The cultivation world should precisely keep to this order of measures. No errors should be allowed."

"Does anyone have a spare blank paper?"

"Here!"

"Thanks, I think I need to take notes!"

Lan QiRen nodded with satisfaction, "Not a single mistake was made."

Wei WuXian raised his brows and took a look at the side of Lan WangJi's face. He thought, so, apparently this old man meant it for me. He called his best pupil to listen with us in order for me to watch.

Wei Wuxian grin " Am I right uncle?"

Lan Qiren sighed " Yes, you are right. And I'm sorry for being biased to you as a teacher I shouldn't do that. I just thought that you would be just like your mother who's always breaking the rules that I never thought that you are also your father's son, intelligent and also have a good heart"

Wei Wuxian stared at Lan Qiren with wide eyes, he didn't expect that really!

Cangse Sanren sniff "Wahhhh, RenRen I know you are really a softie. I forgive you for that!"

He spoke, "I have a question."

Lan QiRen replied, "Speak."

'Oh shit, this is it' Nie Huisang thought

Wei WuXian, "Although 'liberation' comes first, it is often impossible. 'To grant his dying wish' sounds simple-it would be easy, if the wish was a new piece of clothing, but what if the wish was to kill lots of people for revenge?"

Lan Wang Ji, "Thus, suppression assists liberation. If it is necessary, elimination would also follow."

Wei WuXian smiled, "Such a waste." He paused, and continued, "It wasn't that I didn't know of this answer, I was only thinking of a fourth path."

"Fourth path?"

"Never heard of it"

Lan QiRen spoke, "I have never heard of any fourth paths."

Wei WuXian spoke, "Because the executioner died in such a way, it is only natural that he turned into a ferocious corpse. Since he executed more than one hundred people before he died, why not dig up the graves of these people, arouse their energy of resentment, collect the heads of those hundred people, and use them to fight with the ferocious corpse..."

"What?!"

"Such an immoral to do!"

"Ever since young he only thinks demonic cultivation?!"

"See! Ever since young he always think demonic -" Sect Leader Yao exclaimed thinking it was for him to shine again when he couldn't open his mouth, he glares to the Lans but meet Hanguangjun furious eyes

Lan QiRen was so angered that his goatee was quivering. He shouted, "How dare you!"

The Gusulan juniors stares at Master old Lan shock, they never seen him this enraged

Lan QiRen sprang to his feet, "The essence of exorcising demons and annihilating ghosts is to liberate! You do not study the methods of liberation, and even think about increasing their energy of resentment! You reverse the natural order, and ignore ethics and morality!"