Part 13: Love Never Dies

Goemon walked and took the sword out of the Dragon's chest, as blood dripped from its sharp blade.  The blade used by the Samurai himself, he then walked back and placed the sword into the casing, he kneeled on his bent knee and held out the Zantesuken before his Sensei.  He lowered his head in silence.
.
.
.
Goemon: Take it from me, I have no use of it any more, I want the woman I love back.

The Sensei takes the sword into the floating blue pedals that glowed, levitating the sword up and out of Goemon's hands.  The Sensei grabbed the sword in disappointment, then brushed his hand over your body that lied unresponsive.

The blue pedals circulated your body and around your wounds healing them almost in an instant with the glow of the blue light. 

Sensei: She shall wake up in any moment now...

The blue pedals stopped glowing and fell around your body, Goemon crawls over and checks on you immediately.  For a moment there was no movement from your body, however he checked your carotid pulse against your neck, and there was a faint heart beat.

   The Sensei bowed his head as the blue glowing pedals swirled around him until they disappeared into the starry night skies.  The burnt trees still smelled of smoke all around Goemon, but he kept his eyes on you.

Goemon: Y/N?

You barely open your eyes to see your head laid against Goemon's lap, he held the sides of your face gently.  His face turned from a worrisome expression, to a relieved expression.  He held your face and lowered his head and kissed your lips suddenly.  You slowly reach out and touch his soft hair kissing him back.

Goemon: I am grateful you are alive my love, you were dying and I have given up my path of Zantesuken for saving your life.

Y/N: B-but what about the training?

Goemon shook his head: I've given up my Zantesuken, you've slayed the beast but almost resulted in your death, I wanted to save you because...I truly love you.

He  helps you sit up slowly, and then he hugs you close in his arms with his eyes shut as a small tear went down his cheek.  

Goemon: You are my responsibility, and I can protect you with or without a sword, it is my new path that I shall take.  Though I am wise and shall teach others of my methods of combat and defense.  

He then looks at you and brushes his thumb over your cheek and the hair out of your eyes.  

Goemon: I apologize for putting you through with the Beast.

Y/N: I've slayed the Beast though Ishikawa, we slayed the Beast together.

He smiled and chuckled and then held the sides of your face with the palms of his hands.

Goemon:  Y/N...after everything we have been through, I've yearned to serve and protect you, not as a Samurai, but as your husband.  I do wish- to marry you...

Your eyes widen at his words, opening your mouth to say something but nothing came out, you then lean in and kiss him wrapping your arms around his neck, falling on top of him.  He reacted surprised but held you in his arms.  

Y/N: I would be honored to be your wife Ishikawa~

Goemon turns pink: That is settling to hear, and for that, there should be no more chaos, wolves, or beasts that should come after you.  I swear on my life and for my ancestors.

You put your palm on the side of your face looking down at Goemon half laughing/half tired.

Y/N: Killin a big ass' dragon, almost gettin' killed, giving away Zantesuken, reviving me, and then ya wanna marry me huh?

Goemon flushed red:  Am I being too quick?

You giggle as Goemon frowned.  

Y/N: No you're not, this whole thing was about your sword and mastering the iron cutter wasn't it?  Killing the beast?

Goemon: Not exactly.

Y/N: What makes you say that?

Goemon: Love was always on my mind with you, as I was teaching you about the ways of the samurai, the code, combat with and without weapons, a deep feeling of connection with the both of us gave me a feeling I've never had before.

Y/N: Was it intimacy?

Goemon: That is one explanation, but, I was able to envision myself being a husband for you.  Having your children...

The two of you grew silent, this made your samurai lover feel awkward still flushed red.

Goemon: Was that too much information?

Y/N: Not at all.... I would have your babies though~ *you turn pink with a little chuckle*

Goemon cleared his throat: Well, erm- we should go back to the temple to get out of this smoky area, it really isn't good to breathe in for us here.  Let me help you.

He then lifts you up in his arms, with your arms around his neck as he walked away from the ashy parts of the woods that had been burned from the fire dragon.  The great dead Beast turned to dust and ashes as it was taken away by another gust of wind.

  Returning you to the Temple he brings you back inside and checks on you again to see if you were feeling alright.  He wanted to care for you once again like he did when the both of you first met.  The quiet samurai check the side of your head and it was normal.  

Goemon: It made me terrified seeing you almost die, I never want to witness it ever again.  Nor will I ever let something like that happen to you again.

Y/N: You're always so sweet Goemon...

He kissed your cheek

Goemon: You've always been my Zantesuken, I hadn't realized until now how much of a fighter you are; the blood, the strength, the intelligence, and beauty.  The Beast had already been killed but you included, and I wouldn't have been able to do anything to save you.  And I begged and begged my ancestors, and they've heard me.  And I gave up my sword for your life.

He rested his forehead against yours, you caressed his smooth face as he sighed resting his cheek against your palm, holding it with his own.

Goemon: I understand now.

You gaze into his loving dark eyes.

Y/N: I love you~

Goemon: I love you as well my heavenly empress~.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

End Scene