Chapter 12: My Plan

Jimmy must really believe that I am settling in. He has stopped asking me if I want to be sedated at night. It made me happy because it would make my escape tonight easier. It was the thought of having sex with Jimmy that sickened me.

I was in and out of sleep all night. Jimmy had his arm around me. His grip was so tight that at one point I struggled to breathe. It was like he knew that I was planning on running away and was trying to stop me.

I continued to think of my plan and ways to improve it. It was going to be dark, and I did not want to wake Jimmy as I looked for the key on the floor. I would have to slip it under the pillow.

What if he noticed?

My mind thought of that silver dragon necklace I found when I was searching for the key. If I slid the key under the pillow and dropped the key on the floor, he would think I had dropped the key. I was just hoping that it would work.

The day went on as normal, and I hated thinking that way. There wasn't anything normal about this house. This was not going to be my life. This was going to be my last night here.

While cleaning the house, I found the dragon necklace. I placed it behind the alarm clock in our bedroom. Afterward, I made dinner. We ate, and then Tommy and Charles went into the living room to read a book. Jimmy was sitting at the table shuffling the deck of cards. He was probably going to teach me to play that game he plays with Tommy, but I was not going to waste any time.

I could normally hear Tommy and Charles go up to their rooms an hour after Jimmy and I did. They must go to bed early because of how early they wake up in the morning. Plus a full day's work on a farm must be exhausting. They would all be asleep by the time Jimmy was asleep.

I closed my eyes and took in a deep breath before walking over to Jimmy. There was no turning back now.

I stood close behind Jimmy and slid my hands down his hard chest as I kissed his neck. His body froze at first. This was the first time that I was kissing him, and he was unsure of how to react. He soon relaxed and enjoyed what I was doing. I brought my lips up to his ear.

"Want to go upstairs?" I asked. I tried to use the seductive voice that Lina had taught me to use at the club.

"Yeah, of course," he said.

He turned to face me, and I saw that he had a huge smile on his face. He leaned in to kiss me, but I pulled away. It was almost comical to watch him try to get out of the chair as fast as he could.

We went up the stairs, hand-in-hand, but this time I was leading the way. When we got to the room, I pulled my hand out of his and jumped onto the bed. Jimmy's eyebrows were scrunched together. He was confused by what I was doing, but that did not stop him from coming closer to the bed.

My knees were folded underneath me. I arched my back, just like Lina had taught me how to do at the club. I put my hands on his chest and ran them up into his long hair.

"Julie, what are you doing?" he asked me.

I brought my lips closer to his. He awkwardly put his hand on the small of my back. I pressed my body against his but left a faint space between our lips.

"What do you think I am doing?" I asked.

I pressed my lips against his. It caught him off guard at first, but then he soon started kissing me back. I could not believe that I was kissing a murderer. I could not believe that I was going to do what I was about to do.

Survival will make you do crazy things.

Jimmy pulled me closer to his body as he used his tongue to part my lips. I tugged on his hair as I pulled us down toward the bed. Soon, I felt the weight of him on top of me. He propped himself up on one elbow. His hand slid under my shirt and I pulled it over my head. His lips trailed down to my collarbone. I grabbed a fistful of his shirt and pulled it up. Jimmy sat up and pulled the shirt off.

The key was shining around his neck. My heart was beating fast. I was so close to my escape. My freedom was dangling in front of me.

I slid my hands up to his neck until the key was in my grasp. I pulled it over his head. The key dug into my palm as I rolled out from underneath Jimmy. I only let a couple of seconds pass before I was kissing Jimmy again. I crawled on top of him.

Without him seeing, I slid the key under the pillow. As fast as I could, I moved my hand over to the necklace on the nightstand and pushed it onto the floor. It made a loud noise as it hit the floor. The same noise the key would have made.

My hand went back up to Jimmy's neck. Part of me was screaming to stop, but I knew that if I did Jimmy would ask for his key back.

Jimmy's hands roamed all over my body. I tried my best not to cringe. His fingers fumbled with the back of my bra, and I struggled not to cover myself with my hands. His rough hands grabbed my breasts. Back at the club, I would have ripped his hands off of me, but now I have to let him assault my chest. He let go with one hand to reach for his belt. I closed my eyes as I listened to him undo the belt.

He grabbed onto my waist, and he rolled us over so that he was on top of me. I could feel him harden against my thigh.

I closed my eyes as I forced myself to go through with the rest of my plan.

--

Jimmy's breath was ragged as he rolled off of me. I propped myself on my elbow and clutched the blankets to my chest. Jimmy was lying on his back trying to catch his breath. He looked over at me and smiled.

"That was amazing," he said.

"Yeah." I forced a fake smile on my lips. "I had fun."

He put his hand on his chest. He furrowed his eyebrows as he moved his hand across his chest. He lifted the blankets and started to sit. I grabbed his arm, and he looked over at me.

"Where are you going?" I asked.

"I have to go find my key," he said.

"You'll find it in the morning," I said.

"Julie-"

"Come cuddle," I whined.

I flopped on the bed and held out my arms. Jimmy bit his lip. I pouted until he rolled onto his side and pulled me in. He ran his fingers through my hair and I buried my face in his chest.

Now, I just had to wait until he fell asleep.