prologue

Paws thumped on the dirt clearing, and a brown she-cat burst through the ShadowClan camp's thorn barrier. "Hawkpaw? Is everything okay?" Poppysong mewed, looking up from her rabbit.

"ThunderClan attack!" Hawkpaw yowled, and rolled to one side as a red white and black tortoiseshell crashed in after her, leaping on the nearest cat. A flood of ThunderClan cats rolled in after her, leaping on the shocked ShadowClan cats. Poppysong looked around frantically and spotted Foxwhisker wrestling with a brown tom. The deputy sank her teeth into his shoulder, and he let go, spitting defiance, before turning tail and fleeing towards the thorn tunnel. "Thanks!" the russet warrior gasped, before diving in to help Featherpaw. Poppysong leaped on top of a golden she-cat, who flailed her paws for a few seconds before sliding out of her grip and running away.

Poppysong stood in the wreckage of the camp, watching as cats licked their injuries. She spotted Echostar weaving among the clan, checking everyone. Suddenly, she heard a yowl of distress. Turning to see the source, she spotted Featherpaw, a young apprentice, standing over a grey body.

No! Fernpelt can't be dead! Poppysong raced towards her sister's body. "She died protecting what she loved most." The she-cat laid a comforting tail on Featherpaw's ruffled tawny brown fur. Her Clan, Featherpaw, her mate, Foxwhisker, and... me.

A/N
This story was written a year ago by me when I was younger and less experienced with writing. Chapters will be short. I will do my best to edit and improve the story, but I figured I'd share it with you.