uprising

Twigpaw twitched her ears, sitting at the entrance of the apprentice's den. Shadestar was slowly climbing up the Highrock, his grey-black pelt standing out against the sand coloured stone. "Clan meeting!' The leader yowled, sitting down as his clan gathered. He didn't even use the right words! Twigpaw thought, nervously sitting down next to Thistlefang. Duststripe scrambled up onto the bottom of the Highrock, glancing up at Shadestar. "ShadowClan has been causing problems lately." Shadestar began, his eyes shining with confidence. "But Magpiesong has developed a plan to attack them, and end our war once and for all!" The ThunderClan waved his tail as Magpiesong bounded up to where he was sitting. "We will attack under the cover of nightfall." The black and white tom stood just in front of Shadestar, his plumy tail blocking the leader's face. "I will bring a group of loners to help. They all want to help ThunderClan, as ShadowClan has never done them any favours, for sure!" Magpiesong curled his lip. "We will win!" Breezetail echoed the former rogue's call, with the rest of the clan following soon after. The tawny brown apprentice stared at Duststripe- the deputy's eyes were glittering with worry. Thistlefang was chanting along with the others, although less enthusiastically, and Fawnflight wasn't even speaking. Magpiesong nodded to the bushes at the edge of the ravine. "In fact, the loners are here now. Come out, and join your clanmates!"

Cats started slinking out of the plants, heading towards the group of cats. At their head was a mangy black she-cat, who stopped just below the Highrock. "I'm Crow." She meowed, dipping her head to Shadestar. "This is my trainee, Mage." A thin pale grey she-cat padded up beside her, her yellow gaze filled with awe.

"We are the cats of the Twolegplace, and we promise to help you. Always." Crow added, her eyes gleaming. Twigpaw searched the other rogues eyes- they were far from loners, no matter what Magpiesong said- for any malice. A small silver-grey she-cat met her gaze, but looked away sharply as an older brown and yellow tom nudged her disapprovingly. The tawny brown apprentice looked back up at Shadestar, who was waving his tail for silence. Magpiesong leaped off the Highrock, his amber gaze filled with pride.

"We will attack tonight!" Shadestar yowled, before following Magpiesong and padding towards his den. Twigpaw backed away towards the thorn tunnel slowly, before whipping around and racing into the forest. Pausing in a sun dappled clearing, she looked at the beautiful forest around her. What would happen to it, Twigpaw wondered, if the rogues got hold of our clan?

As the tawny apprentice padded deeper into the forest, she decided she didn't want to know.