☆ Chapter 5 ☆

☆ ☆ ☆

•°☆Don't forget to vote, comment, & save☆°•

~Back to the story~

☆ ☆ ☆

That evening, Peter returned home feeling chipper than ever. After spending majority of his day with (Y/n), he knew his service as volunteered security was a success. They laughed, joked, messed around the shop all while she was able to do her job.

   Peter opened the door and walked down to the basement where he plopped onto the couch with his arms outstretched in the air. "Ugh, today was perfect," he said. He shut his eyes in hopes of falling asleep only to be interrupted by the sound of his mother's voice.

   "Oh? And why was today so 'perfect' for, hm?" Peter's eyes shot open as be sat up to see the woman sitting in the corner with a magazine in hand. "What, no Twinkie box today?"

   He threw his head back. "What are you doing sitting in the corner like a creep?" His hands rubbed his face before falling back into the cushions of the couch.

   She sighed and put down the magazine. "Peter, you're hiding something and it's concerning how you don't want to tell me." His mother walked over to sit beside him. "Is everything okay?"

   "Yes, mom, everything's fine! Actually, no, more than fine- great, okay?" He sat up again to look into his mother's eyes in attempt to persuade her to believe him. But, she still felt the need to persist.

   "I know it's not easy being... you know, but you can always trust me," she said, placing a hand on his back. "So, whoever it is you're seeing, know that that can't give you happiness. They're not worth the trouble in the long run because why they do is manipulate you-"

   "Whoa, whoa, whoa, mom, (Y/n)'s not bad!" He pushed her arm away and turned to see hear clearly with knitted brows. "She's actually pretty cool and treats me just fine! I mean, I'm happier now than what I was before, you've even pointed it out-"

   "Oh my God, Peter, you're talking to a girl?" His mother sighed in relief with a hand over her chest. "Well, that's great! I thought-" she laughed, "I thought you were seeing a drug dealer!"

   Peter raised his brows. "What? Why the hell would you think that?"

   "Well, you were coming home so happy all of the sudden, like, you were under some kind of influence- then you kept making excuses and coming home with a suspicious amount of Twinkie boxes- son, I thought there were drugs in those things!"

   He groaned and let his head hang. "Mom, I'm not on drugs... I'm not dealing them either..." he was obviously exhausted and not looking forward to where the conversation was bound to go.

   "I'm sorry, Peter, I was- I was just worried!" She paused a second, messed with her hair, and then a smile began to sprawl across her face. "So, her name is (Y/n)? Who is she; what's she like; how did you meet her?"

And there it was. The bombardment of intrusive questioning commenced.

   "Mom, please-"

   "I just want to know, Peter! This is good news, no, great news-"

   "Alright, alright! I'll tell you but only if you promise to not make it a big deal, you know, like how you're acting right now." He raised a brow accusingly towards his mother. She lowered her shoulders and sat straight.

   "Okay, deal, sorry." She held her chin a little higher and cleared her throat. "Now, tell me everything!"

He sighed and explained exactly that: everything that happened since the day he first saw (Y/n). Of course, he might've left out the parts where he got flustered but, other than those precious moments, he caught her up with all the passed events.