☆ Chapter 15 ☆

A/N: Sorry I'm late :') I had an essay and reading. Please, enjoy!

Peter stiffened at (Y/n)'s sudden touch through out the their time spent at the carnival, but soon he grew accustomed to it. He knew she meant nothing ny it, so why should he be so sensitive?

   During the Tea Cup Ride, she bumped into him and he into her her, reaching for the other's arms to regain balance. Of course, it did little to nothing since the turbulence of the ride didn't allow anyone to stay still for long. This, mixed with their uncontrollable laughter, caused nothing but fun and light-hearted memories for the two to share.

   Once the machinery slowed to a halt, the attendee instructed them to exit their Tea Cups.

   (Y/n)'s smile relaxed as she looked above her, her sight catching Peter with a gleaming glow on his features. Her curled hands gently pushed off his chest to set herself straight in her seat. "That was more fun than I expected," she laughed.

   Peter nodded, his smile still etched on. "Yeah, it was I'll give it that." Abruptly, he stood up and yanked (Y/n) by the arm to pulled her out. "Now, c'mon! We got stuff to do, things to see!"

   She jolted herself up to follow along, mentally reasoning that, of course, Peter would try to rush through. Once out of the ride, (Y/n) lightly squeezed his hand that firmly wrapped around her wrist. He stopped and looked to her, struck by her allure.

   Softly, he questioned her. "What, what's wrong?" He stopped in his tracks to face her.

   "Nothing, except you need to slow down." She shrugged and looked around. "Yeah, like you said, there's a lot to do and see before we got to leave, but just take it back enjoy what's here."

   Peter furrowed his brows and looked around. It was everything he had seen when he first walked in the place: children, parents, walking around laughing, colorful decorations and balloons; what was there to look at for longer than a second?

   Then, he eyes drifted back to (Y/n).

   He swallowed before speaking. "Uh, yeah? It's neat here, but the real fun is when you're actually doin' something! Not walking around, looking at the stuff you could have or take part in!" He turned away and looked past her shoulder, pointing in the direction. "Like that, see? Water guns are my thing, alright? And you see the mega prize hanging on the rack? That could be yours, but we're here; not playing the game and just staring at it, c'mon."

   Peter positioned himself beside (Y/n), hand on the back for her head and the other around her waist. Before they moved, she knew what was coming. Not even a second passed and the two were right at the Water Gun booth, tickets already in the attendee's hand.

   "I got this," said Peter as he placed his hands on the toy gun. When it was time to start, he went straight in, shooting the target with impeccable aim. The chubby boy on the water gun beside him gave dirty side glances at him. As expected it didn't go unnoticed by Peter, who turned to stick his tongue out at the boy and mock him with a childish, "Neeeh!"

   Then, the timer went off. Without any question, Peter had won the grand prize. The unenthused antendee used a hook to unlatch the jumbo stuffed animal of an adorable cheetah. He smiled to the man that handed it over, knowing well enough he could've just stolen the prize without anyone noticing. But, with (Y/n) there, he went about it the right way and won it fair and square.

   (Y/n) kept her arms folded across her chest. "Wow, you actually did it and without using your speedy-ness." She nodded in approval. "Impressive."

   "Hardy har-har, yeah, I can do things without using my mutation," he joked. "Here, now take the damn cat!" Peter shoved the plushie into (Y/n) and laughed after seeing how bewildered she looked holding it in her arms.