☆ Chapter 10 ☆

☆ ☆ ☆

•°☆Don't forget to vote, comment, & save☆°•

~Back to the story~

☆ ☆ ☆

Logan kept a steady hand on the wheel as best as he could. He was starting to drift off to sleep, catching himself before he did and jumping awake last second.

   They had been on the road for only three hours until it was evident to most in the car that a well needed break was necessary- again, most of them.

   "Hey, Charlie, we need to stop the car," said Peter. "I'm dying over here and so is everyone else."

   Charles glared from behind his sunglasses at the young man. "Don't call me Charlie, it's Charles- and what did I explain earlier?"

   Hank let out a deep breath. "We probably should take a break." He looked over to Logan who had darker circles under his eyes. "Even our driver is pushing himself and he's the one with a healing factor and higher endurance."

   "Weak," insulted Charles. "You're all weak."

   "Hm, funny coming from you," said Logan, scoffing with narrowed eyes. "You were just a pathetic sop when I came knocking on your door."

   Before Charles could respond, (Y/n) jumped into the conversation in attempt to calm them down. "Okay, look, we're all dead beat tired and have all this hunger-induced anger-"

   "Hangry," chimed Peter, smiling softly to himself. Though slightly delirious, he felt clever for making up the term.

   "Yes," she continued. "What he said, 'hangry'- anyway, if we're going to be working together, we're all going to have to compromise." The car became quiet, then Charles let out a frustrated grunt.

   "Fine, let's stop since you all keep crying about it." He folded his arms and slumped in his seat. "I'm getting tired of you lot."

   Peter turned his head to see the sulking man. "Someone's hangry," he said. He then pointed his index finger, slowly brought it to the Charles's face, and poked him on the cheek. "Boop."

   Charles didn't bother to look at him but, by the vein pulsing on his forehead, (Y/n) could tell he was not having it. Fortunately, Logan managed to find a cheap motel on the roadside they could rest and eat at.

   The car drove into the gravely parking lot, the tires crunching over the pebbles, until coming to stop. The engine pur ceased along with the yellow headlights at the turn of the key.

   "Alright, time to get out, and check in," said Logan, swing open the steel door. His boots scraped against the ground as he made his way over to the motel's front desk. The others did the same and followed.

   Hank stretched his back, turning around from one side to the other. (Y/n) grimaced as she heard the cracking of his spine. "Ugh, hate sitting in a car for too long," he said, clearly unaware of (Y/n) and Peter's disgust. "It's bad enough sitting at a desk doing research for hours at a time." Peter furrowed his brows, looking over to (Y/n) in which she did the same.

   "Uh, yeah, you guys check us in," said Peter as he took several steps backwards. "We're going to go catch a meal, see if there's leftovers from dinner." He turned forward without waiting for a reply with (Y/n) at his side.

   Logan waved a hand away, gesturing for the two to go ahead. "Sure, we'll be staying in rooms three and four. Hey, and Peter?"

   "What's up?"