☆ Chapter 16 ☆

☆ ☆ ☆

•°☆Don't forget to vote, comment, & save☆°•

~Back to the story~

☆ ☆ ☆

As Charles instructed, the car rental was safely returned. Peter and (Y/n) took a bus thereafter, slumped in their seats from pure exhaustion.

(Y/n) sighed and leaned her head against his arm. "I can't believe what we've been through within the past two-"

"Now three," corrected Peter. It was early in the morning; around three o'clock to be precise.

"Yes, now three days." She nestled her face into the sleeve of Peter's jacket, feeling the material brush against her cheek and the stuffed cheetah snug in her arms. She wished she was back in her room asleep, back with the 'same old, same old' of going to college and working part time (of course, with Peter there to goof around), occasionally listening to her parents' day's events.

"I mean, this was fun," started Peter, shrugging his shoulders. (Y/n) looked up to see him staring straight ahead; his eyes looked tired, too. He continued without facing her. "We basically had a road trip, which was nice, and had ourselves a little adventure. We made memories and, maybe, that was worth the risk."

She raised a brow and felt the strained muscle under her eye pull. "Yeah, usually I'd easily agree if the risk was, I dunno, something like most people our age do. Maybe something like, sneaking into the movies or pulling light-hearted pranks, like, yelling into the microphone at the super market?"

Peter laughed. "If you want, we can do those things, too?"

"Not my point," she chuckled and rested her eyes. "But, I agree with you anyway- hesitantly, but I agree. I had a lot of fun... with you."

It was quiet.

For a moment, (Y/n) felt as though she made it awkward again. They had just regained the courage to sit so close together after what had happened at the Farris wheel. She started to worry and wondered if she should say something else.

But then Peter swallowed the lump accumulating in his throat.

He gingerly moved the arm (Y/n) rested on and, instead, wrapped it around her, gently pulling her close.

"See, then it all worked out," he assured, still unable to face her. "We'll get you back home, and everything'll be back to normal."

"Yeah, hopefully." She could feel her heart pumping as she fought the creeping smile on her face. Though, she had to admit, maybe she didn't want it to be exactly 'normal' when they got back, and that scared her.

☆ ☆ ☆

That morning, with the sun breaking over the horizon, (Y/n) made it back home. Peter made sure she made it back safely, entering her own house through the window to her room on the second floor.

"You good there?" Asked Peter with a smile on his face, peaking his head over the windowsill. "No scrapes or nothing from climbing?"

(Y/n) nodded several times over. "No, I'm fine; I'm sure, thanks." She sweetly smiled and he did the same, the two of them sharing the dumbest looks on their faces. "You're really sweet, Peter, you know that?"