☆ Chapter 13 ☆

☆ ☆ ☆

•°☆Don't forget to vote, comment, & save☆°•

~Back to the story~

☆ ☆ ☆

They continued to ride down the elevator and make aquaintances with their new company. Though it was shocking to hear of what lead to Eric's confinement, Peter still tried for conversation.

   "They told me you could control metal," Peter said, looking at Eric with slight amusement. If given a moment long together, he might have asked him to demonstrate his mutation just out of sheer curiosity.

   To be fair, it wasn't everyday he got to talk with another mutant like himself. Well, other than seeing (Y/n) nearly everyday.

   But, Eric didn't seem to be in the mood to talk much. Instead, he tried to figure out what was going on. "They?" Asked Eric. He turned around, looking over his shoulder with a raised brow.

   However, being how Peter was, he ignored the question. "You know, my mom once knew a guy that could do that." He looked up to the ceiling and smiled, oblivious to the look (Y/n) shot at him.

   But before anyone else could say a thing, the elevator doors slide open. The kitchen was left in a disarray with pots and pans tossed around the counters and food left over on the stoves and bowls. Besides the evident mess, the sprinklers went off during the break-in, spraying water down all over the equipment and tile as if they were left in a rainstorm.

    There, in the middle of the entrance of the elevator was Charles and Logan, soaked from head to toe in water.

   "Charles?" Said Eric. He furrowed his brows at the sight of him.

   Without speaking a word, Charles marched forward and landed a punch into Eric's jaw. He fell back onto the floor and felt the effected area, feeling the slight sting as his fingers traced his skin. (Y/n) nearly jumped at the act and hurried to help Eric up to his feet, causing Peter to also help.

   As Eric slowly rose from the ground, he kept his eyes on Charles. "Good to see you, too, old friend... and walking."

   Charles huffed with his teeth clenched tight. "No thanks to you." His head tilted forward as if he concentrated on the man in front of him and no one else with such intensity.

   (Y/n) could hear their whispering thoughts lurking around. This was telling enough that the two men knew eachother long enough to form such concern for the other. Though it seemed their friendship was strained, it was evident they cared.

    They continued to bicker at one another for a moment longer and, in the mean time, Peter stole a side glance at (Y/n). He could see the concern on her face as she watched them converse. He could feel the tension rise from the sound of their voice. His mind began to wander and, of course, it lead to (Y/n).

   Peter worried that one day (Y/n) would one day be as upset as Charles; that he'd do something to her like how Eric evidently hurt his friend. It scared him.

   The last thing he wanted was for her to be hurt and, most of all, him to be the cause of her pain. Peter felt like a failure, and he was used to it; but, instead of fearing failure, he feared failing (Y/n) most of all.

   Usually, whenever he got close to any other person, he'd wonder how long it'd take to disappoint them. After a close recollection of his past platonic and romantic relationships, it didn't take long for someone to leave him.

    But (Y/n) stuck through. She never gave up and kept herself with him in good faith. Never had Peter questioned the longevity of their relationship until that moment, watching Eric and Charles: two longtime childhood friends who somehow managed to break their trust, loyalty, and faith in one another.