nine

can y'all see this chapter now? 🥺

Prom night came quicker than Tyquian would have liked

Prom night came quicker than Tyquian would have liked. He had already made up his mind that he didn't want to go. Taymor refused to believe it and it wasn't until last night when it finally registered to Tay that he wasn't going. Ty was just glad his best friend had stopped worrying about Ty's night with Kentrell and paid more attention on his and Melly's night.

He still had no clue what Kentrell had planned for them tonight. He had already told the older male that he didn't want anything fancy or expensive – just as long as they hung out together, he was game. All Ty knew was that they were spending the night together before going back to a hotel, which was the only solid thing Kentrell wanted to tell him about their night. Throughout the week and a half that passed by, the two had spent the time on the phone or texting each other. They only saw each other twice during that time with Kentrell driving to his place and the two of them just sitting in Kentrell's car and talking about anything that came into their minds.

Kentrell had said he was gonna be extra busy during the time leading up to prom night with his training. Tyquain didn't mind it at all and was instead looking forward to Kentrell's next fight which would be out of town. Kentrell had invited the younger male to go with him so they could then spend a day or two out of town, just the two of them, after the fight.

"You look really good, Tay," Tyquian states, smiling at his best friend through the facetime call they were currently on, as he watches him spritz himself with perfume. Taymor is all dressed up and ready for prom, already being 30 minutes late, as he turns around and grins at himself in his mirror.

"I guarantee you, I will leave the prom with the crown on my head."

Tyquain just laughs at him. He doesn't know how he'll do it but he somewhat believes that Taymor will come home with the prom queen crown they give. Before he can reply he hears Melly banging on the locked bedroom door, yelling out for Taymor to hurry up.

Taymor rolls his eyes, "He's a little grouchy we didn't get to go out to eat somewhere and I just know whatever little food they have tonight is gonna be gross as hell. He really gonna be pissed soon."

Ty just shakes his head. His attention is pulled away when he gets a text message from Keith asking if he was free to facetime tonight. Tyquian bites his bottom lip before sliding up on the message. His read receipts were on so he wasn't even going to open the message and just ignored it until later. They had messaged each other here and there but honestly, all of Ty's attention had been on Kentrell.

Ty wasn't feeling Keith half as much as he was feeling Kentrell so he really wasn't putting in any effort with Keith. At this point, all Ty thought they could be was friends at best, especially when Keith moved closer to him for college. He didn't want to just ice him out, seeing as they were talking for a while, but Ty just couldn't help the way all of his attention was on Kentrell.