one

Tyquian is in the middle of taking off his light blue button up his grandmother made him wear this morning to church when his phone starts blaring with the messages tone. He lets out a sigh before flopping onto his bed with his half buttoned shirt and reaches for his phone. Not even the least bit surprised to see they're all from Taymor's annoying ass.

Tay
last chance ty

Tay
are you coming or not bitch??

Tay
ignore that last message cause you're coming

Tay
you need some excitement in your life lame nigga

Tay
so get dressed i'll be there by 9 and idgaf imma honk that horn till your ass comes out

Tay
see you later 😘😘😘

Tyquian doesn't even bother to reply, just leaves Taymor on read before tossing his phone to the side and sighing. He don't really wanna go anywhere tonight but he knows Taymor wasn't lying when he said he'd be outside honking the horn.

He doesn't know exactly where they're going but he knows enough that it isn't a place he'd usually visit or be caught at. His grandmother would smack him dead if she ever found out he was going to a place where it was full of drugs, betting, fights and all types of illegal shit.

Taymor had briefly mentioned to him the other night that a fight was happening tonight and he wanted Tyquian to go with him. He had tried to immediately get out of it, already knowing that it really wasn't his scene. Taymor was relentless though – which led to Tyquian saying maybe.

He knew he needed this though – he was always complaining to his friend how he hated how much of a boring homebody he was. He couldn't help it when he declined plans with his friends which would just lead to him being upset and sad that he didn't go out with them.

"I can do this," He mumbles to himself. It's nothing to serious, he thinks. Tyquian knows it's a place where a lot of illegal activity goes down but Taymor said it was just a fight they were seeing tonight.

What's the worse thing that could happen with him just watching a fight?

*                 *                   *                       *

"Please tell me we ain't 'bout to witness a fucking murder or somethin' Tay," Tyquian mutters as Taymor parks his car in an abandoned building parking lot.

Taymor snickers, "Quit being so fuckin' scared. You always tryna show out and shit at school but you're such a big bitch."

"Yeah because those niggas at school ain't shit compared to what I'm prolly bout to see here bruh. Of course imma be a scared bitch if I see a big ol' nigga coming at me. Look at me, man." Tyquian motions his hand up and down his body to show how short, little, etc. he is.

"I don't mind big ol' niggas coming at me. Come away," Taymor mumbles, his arm reaching out to hold Tyquian's upper arm as he guides them to whatever building this place is at.

Tyquian rolls his eyes because that wasn't what he meant at fucking all and – "You like big ol' niggas but last I checked Jamell ain't that."

"Don't bring up that niggas name. We ain't together right now so fuck him."

He smirks, "You two are fucking crazy – always breaking up and shit. What happened this time?"