The smuttiest, most sheet gripping, toe curling of them all

From the authors: thank you all for following on the most embarrassing journey of our lives

I would like to thank my girlfriend for putting up with my shit and helping me write all this.

From my gf: This just secured my 17th ticket into hell. Also, hi yes I'm the wife hello how is all my lovely degenerates :)

(P.S I'm so sorry this chapter is so deranged I got bored and also it's the grand finale at least for my part in this so why not lmao also I've never seen stranger things so I hope the characters are at least the least bit accurate )

Eddie's bags sat adjacent to the beater car his uncle had gifted him. He stuffed his remaining luggage into the trunk, wondering to himself how all of his belongings fit in the back of a car. With his hands now placed on his hips, he watched the trunk close and felt as Steve wrapped his gentle hands around his waist. He breathed into the crevice of Eddie's neck; the scent of disappointment and understanding drifting through the air.

"I guess it's really happening," Steve whispered, tucking Eddie's hair behind his ear.

"Yeah," Eddie whispered back, still staring at the back of the car.

He had decided on California a while back and decided to see where it took him. In reality he had no plan, no idea what he was doing, and only an idea of where he was going. The only stability he had had in his life for a while was Steve, and now he had to leave him behind to be free of this town.

When he had second thoughts of leaving, he thought about the night Steve took him up to see the town. Seeing the glistening colors of the town... he wanted more of that. There were cities lighting up like fireworks waiting for him to gaze over them. California was just a few days away. And maybe, when he figured it all out, he could come back to the underwhelming city of Hawkins and stare at his car the same; only he was unpacking instead of packing.

Steve kissed Eddie's neck gently and repeatedly, whispering sweet nothings into his ear.

"I never thought I'd miss anything about this town," Eddie sighed.

"You kind of like me, don't you?" Steve teased, tickling Eddie.

They laughed, intertwined, Eddie now turned around and staring deep into his lover's eyes. "How did I get so lucky?" he asked, admiring the blue that had captured him so deeply. In steves' eyes were memories upon memories that had stretched over months- memories that induced feelings that neither of them had felt before.

Steve felt the same staring back into Eddie's dark eyes; so full of mysteries still uncovered. He thought he'd have more time to get to know him, to really know him; about his parents, his uncle, who he was... but he would be sent off before he really got to know.

"I guess were gonna have to have some fire sex before I leave," Eddie suggested.

"I guess we really will."

Eddie turned to look back at the car, their arms still wrapped around each other. "Don't let me second guess this. Cause I really fucking love you, Steve."

"I won't. You need this. Hawkins is too fucking small for you."

"You can come with," Eddie said, turning back to face steve. It was selfish, he knew, to strip Steve away from what he had here; he was popular, had a job, an abundance of friends and an excessive amount of freshmen children. Even though Eddie knew the answer would be no, he asked one last time just in case.

"You know I'll be here. Waiting for you. No matter what you tell me."

"I know," Eddie mumbled, nuzzling his face into Steve's chest. He felt the light scent of light cologne flow from his T-shirt into his nose; what a familiar and comforting smell. He'd be sure to snag one of Steve's shirts before he left.