Chapter 13: Highschool crush

Vienna's POV

"Seriously, Sam, I don't get it...why do I need another wedding dress when I already have one" I said over the phone call as Samantha just chuckled from the other end.

"What's so funny? Sam" I asked rolling my eyes.

"Well...apparently you are" She replied making me shake my head.

"There's this guy...willing to keep the entire world at your feet and then there's this girl...who keeps complaining about it" She added.

"I'm not complaining, Sam. In fact I love it when he takes care of my every wish as if that's a command for him...but It's just that I don't like wasting money" I said with a sigh.

"Look I know we already bought you a gorgeous wedding dress few months back but we cannot use that now" She replied in a duh tone, as if stating the obvious.

"But why? It's so pretty" I said.

"I don't know...it's just Ryan's order...and you know he doesn't always reveal what's going on inside that cunning head of his..." She paused.

Yeah of course he doesn't.

"And you guys couldn't actually get married last time remember...you both got into a huge fight and then you just vanished from his life...so maybe he just doesn't wants anything that's related to the past and which reminds you both of the bad times" She continued as I pressed my lips together, giving a thought to what she just said.

"You do have a point though..." I paused.

"Maybe he just wants everything new" I added.

"But that dress was so pretty...I loved it..." I trailed off feeling kind of sad.

I agree that when I selected that dress, I wasn't happy...with Ryan or even with the fact that he was forcing me to marry him but there's no denying to the fact that, that wedding gown we bought from Grace's friend, Anne's boutique, was heavenly beautiful.

"Sam, is it possible that we can get an exact replica of that dress, custom made?" I asked hoping she would say yes.

"Well...you are Ryan's Knight's soon-to-be wife, what's not possible for you?" She replied making me smile unknowingly.

"But wouldn't getting a new dress be a total moot point if we just buy a copy of the previous one?" She added as I just sighed in defeat because she was absolutely correct.

"Yeah...you are right" I mumbled a reply.

"And moreover that dress was from Anne's boutique, which means that it was her design and right now we are headed to my friend's boutique" She said as I frowned at her words.

Why aren't we going to Anne's boutique?

I thought I could have met her today and thank her for what she did for me.

"Why aren't we going to Anne's boutique? I wanted to meet her" I said as Samantha let out a surprised chuckle.

"Why would you wanna meet mum's friend, Anne?" She asked as I remained quiet, pressing my lips together, realising I shouldn't have said that because of course no one except Ryan, knows that how Anne helped me after my miscarriage...how she offered me a job at her boutique and also she let me stay at her apartment.

And what did I do?

I just left that job and also her apartment without even letting her know or without even thanking her for whatever she did for me.

"Um...her designs were really good" I replied snapping out of my thoughts, quickly making up a lie, but if you think of it, it isn't really a lie though...her designs were actually good.