Chapter 39: Rainbows & sunshines

Vienna's POV

I snuggled more into the soft pillow that I was holding onto, I pressed my cheek against it, expecting it to be soft as usual, but only that it wasn't. It didn't feel soft at all, rather it felt hard, as hard as a rock, but it was also warm and I could also hear a heart beat coming from it.

A rock with a heart beat!?

I snapped back to reality and out of my sleepy state when I felt myself being pulled closer by someone, the touch felt way too familiar.

Opening my eyes slowly, I realized that my head wasn't on some pillow, but rather it was on a chest...his chest.

Raising my head slightly, I looked up at his face, which seemed so peaceful and relaxed, he was sleeping like a baby. I was almost on top of him.

Hold on!

That can't be...

Ryan!

And that was when everything that happened last night, came drowning on me, making me realize that it wasn't a dream.

Holy crap!

I tried to jerk up into a sitting position, only to realize that I couldn't as I stumbled back on him due to his strong arm that was wrapped around my waist.

What the actual fuck is going on here!?

How the fuck is Ryan in my bed!?

How the fuck is Ryan here?

More importantly, how on earth is he fucking alive!?

And what the fuck was wrong with me last night? Why didn't I question him? Instead of cuddling him. Why didn't I question his existence? Why didn't I ask him how on earth was he back? Why didn't I ask him how the hell was he alive? Why didn't I ask him where he was all this time?

Was he really back from the dead?

No, it would be stupid to think that he was back from the dead...this was something else entirely and I need to find out whatever this was...right now!

"Ryan..." I called out softly, trying to wake him up.

"Ryan. Wake up!" I said, trying to shake him a bit. He was definately awake, I could just feel it.

"Ryan..." I said looking up at him, while still being in his arms as he just won't let go off me, no matter how hard I tried.

I patted his slightly stubbled cheek, gently.

"Ryan. I know you are awake, now stop pretending and open your eyes" I added as his lips curved up into a smile, which melted my heart instantly, like ice melts on fire, before opening his eyes.

"Good morning, love" He mumbled while rubbing my bare back up and down.

"I don't have time for your good morning, Ryan. Get up now and tell me what's all of this? What's going on?" I asked, coming straight to the point.

"You look so beautiful" He said while tucking a loose hair strand behind my ear. He was back at trying to distract me.

"Ryan, stop trying to get my mind off the big fat question between us" I replied.

"I wasn't in my senses last night, after seeing you sitting right in front of me, my mind was fuzzy and I couldn't think straight" I added while trying to sit up once again and this time I succeeded as he loosen his grip on me, but yet kept his hand placed on the small of my back.

"But now I can and I need to know everything...right now!" I said as he just looked sideways, rolling his eyes.

"Ryan, stop rolling your eyes at me as if I'm stupid and look at me while we talk" I added, feeling offended that he rolled his eyes at me and looked away, making me feel as if I was some child, asking stupid questions.