Chapter 24: Running down the aisle

Vienna's POV

"Mom is here!"

Everybody in the room went silent, turning their gaze towards me and it may have seemed as if I was staring at Alex and yes my gaze was at my brother but my mind was not on him, it was completely blank after hearing what I just did.

Mom...is here?

I heavied a sigh before sitting back on the bed.

Yes I did say that I don't want her at my wedding after hearing what she has said about me...but now when I have heard that she's here, I just couldn't help the warm feeling of happiness that I suddenly felt in my heart.

God! She's my mother after all...the only parent that I am left with, how on earth could I not be happy to have her presence at one of the happiest days of my life.

"Alex, I wanna see her. Where is she?" I asked softly, suddenly feeling moisture in my eyes.

"I'm here, sweetie" I heard her familiar, sweet voice before she slowly and hesitantly walked into the room. Maybe she was hesitant as to how I would react to her sudden appearance at my wedding.

"Mom" A breathy whispered left my mouth before I got off the bed and rushed towards her, pulling her into a bear hug.

And just like that, all the anger that I had pent up in my chest...anger for the awful things that she said about me...but more importantly about Ryan and our relationship, vanished somewhere into thin air when she embraced me into her motherly warmth.

Although I pretended that her absence didn't have any effect on me at all and that I was happy...sure I was ecstatic that I was marrying the love of my life but deep down in my heart I did feel this emptiness that I don't anymore...I felt like my happiness was somehow incomplete...but I don't feel that way anymore.

I'm at relief...I feel content...I feel like my happiness is complete once again.

"We'll give you some privacy" I heard Samantha's soft voice while she gently patted on my back before leaving us alone as everybody else followed her too.

"I'm so happy that you are here..." I managed to say before pulling away as tears started to form in my eyes.

"I am too, hon, I am too" She replied while bawling her eyes out.

"I thought you wouldn't come" I said.

"Trust me, sweetheart, even I believed that..." She paused with a soft chuckle. 

"But that man you have got yourself stuck with, is a very adamant and persistent one" She continued as my lips curved up into a small smile, realising whom she was talking about.

He really did keep the promise he made to me...he somehow managed to bring my stubborn mother at our wedding.

But the question is, how the hell did he manage to do that? And more importantly how the hell did he manage to do that while being so busy with his work lately?

"How? Mom. How did he convince you?" I asked curiously.

"Please tell me he didn't kidnap you" I added with a horrified look on my face but slapped my head mentally after realizing what I have just said.

"Kidnap?" She mumbled chuckling.

Thank God she took it in a humorous way and didn't get suspicious.

Well, Vienna Green, you need to watch your smart mouth around your family. 

"Honey, why would he kidnap me?" She added with a hint of amusement in her eyes as I just gave her a hesitant smile before she continued.