Chapter 45: Unforgivable

Vienna's POV

The car ride back home was silent, but it wasn't the comforting silence that I was craving after having a chaotic and stressful night, rather it was a silence that was killing me from within as I didn't know if Ryan heard whatever I said to that man or not.

Sure he seemed mad, but I couldn't tell if he was mad at me for going out with Aldo and putting my life at risk even after he clearly told me not to or was he mad at me because he heard whatever I said to that man earlier and now knew that I am pregnant and have been hiding it from him...I could no longer differentiate between the two.

I glanced at Ryan, who was sitting beside me and driving silently. He hasn't even uttered a single word to me ever since he saved me in that dark alley, he didn't even say anything when I hugged him and cried in his arms.

I leaned my head back against the headrest and looked out of the window, at the trees that were passing by in speed as my thoughts slipped back to whatever happened a few minutes ago, in that dark alley.

My chest heavied up and down in fear as my eyes traveled up, in front of me to see who it was, who just saved me, only to see Ryan standing there with a gun in his hand.

Fuck!

I'm screwed!

Initially shocked to see him and wondering if he heard everything that I just said but a few seconds later a wave of relief washed over me and I sighed in relief as I realised that our baby was at least safe now and that's all that mattered to me, I didn't care if Ryan heard what I said or not because one day or the other, he had to find out that I'm pregnant and there's also no denying to the fact that he deserves to know as well.

But it's just the way that he found out, that is if he did hear me. I, myself, would have told him eventually...I just didn't want him to find out the greatest news of our lives in such way.

But what's done is done and there's nothing I can do to change it now.

"Ryan..." I mumbled, looking at him through my blurred vision, my voice barely audible as he held his hand out for me. I placed my hand in his as he helped me get up and without thinking twice I threw myself in his arms and drew in a deep breath of relief.

"Thank God! Thank God!" I mumbled like a mantra.

"Thank God! You are here, I was so scared" I added as he didn't say anything but did hug me back and rubbed my back, comforting me.

"Are you okay? Are you hurt?" I asked pulling apart but instead of answering me, he just nodded his head and led me out.

"Vienna..." I snapped back to reality hearing his firm voice, only to realize that we have reached home and he was holding the door open for me.

We walked inside our room in absolute silence.

"Michael was shot..." I paused, breaking the ice.

"Do we know how he is?" I asked.

"He's in the hospital along with David" Ryan replied standing by the window, his back facing me.

"David?" I mumbled confused.

"Yeah, he's shot too. They are both getting their wounds treated" He replied without looking at me as I gasped in shock.

"What!?" I mumbled.